New Music Releases Thread

Liked that session you posted last week - very Fall, I thought (or that Trapper's Pelts track was). Thought I recognized the voice but didn't get the PWGG link until I read a bit about them.
Haven't heard them, but just seen a picture and recognised the singer from Post War Glamour Girls. I reckon with a name that wasn't totally awful they could have had a bit more success, I liked them. They supported the Fall once as well iirc.

Haven't heard them, but just seen a picture and recognised the singer from Post War Glamour Girls. I reckon with a name that wasn't totally awful they could have had a bit more success, I liked them. They supported the Fall once as well iirc.
I only had that Pink Fur album (you might have sent it actually) and thought it was really good. He uses the same vocal style for this so you'd probably like it. Was racking my brains trying to place it!

Took four or five listens but Shame's record is excellent. The production, style and depth to the songs is a vast improvement on what was a decent debut. I get the impression they've been getting amongst Talking Heads quite a bit of late.

Took four or five listens but Shame's record is excellent. The production, style and depth to the songs is a vast improvement on what was a decent debut. I get the impression they've been getting amongst Talking Heads quite a bit of late.

Really enjoying it. The debut had somehow passed me by so I’ve had that on a lot too.

There are new albums this week from James Yorkston and the Second Hand Orchestra, Kiwi Jr, Lande Hekt, Rhye, Steve Hackett, Thee Conducotr, TRZTN, Elori Saxl, Azmari, Urban Village and Still Corners. Also a Soul Jazz compilation "Cuba: Music and Revolution", which sounds good.

Anyone watch the Shame "Molten Jets" stream last night? In no way replaces the gig experience but crikey they're tighter than ever. Should be on for a Top 10 as well.

There are new albums this week from James Yorkston and the Second Hand Orchestra, Kiwi Jr, Lande Hekt, Rhye, Steve Hackett, Thee Conducotr, TRZTN, Elori Saxl, Azmari, Urban Village and Still Corners. Also a Soul Jazz compilation "Cuba: Music and Revolution", which sounds good.

Love Still Corners me. Strange Pleasures was one of the best releases of 2013.

Back