New Music Releases Thread

His last stuff went too poppy for me. Went to a gig at the M. E. N a while back and it was all towny kids going mad for it. Nothing wrong with good pop btw. Or kids

Was that early 2016? They’re strange live in terms of playing/sounding really good, but they’re not particularly gripping to watch.

Similar here. The Men as well, maybe one or two others... the TNP album is a mix of new stuff, orchestral interludes and remixes from Inside The Rose, seemingly.
I struggle to understand why These New Puritans aren't much bigger. For anyone like me who is still buying CDs, this one is limited to 500 copies.

Angel Olsen playing at the Tyne Theatre on 31st August. Tickets on sale tomorrow. Would like to have gone but we've got a baby due in August and I'll not want go.

Still loving the Warmduscher record from last year. Can't seem to get sick of it.

Long shot but has anyone used Fanticks before? After two tickets for black midi next week like, just cautious of using these fan to fan sites.

Angel Olsen playing at the Tyne Theatre on 31st August. Tickets on sale tomorrow. Would like to have gone but we've got a baby due in August and I'll not want go.

Still loving the Warmduscher record from last year. Can't seem to get sick of it.

as Long as she’s not playing during the labour get yaself there !
You’ll be glad of the peace and quiet mate

Valentine's Day new releases. It's a quiet one. Albums from Cindy Lee, Huey Lewis & the News, Justin Bieber, Katie Gately, Nathaniel Rateliff, Summer Camp, Tame Impala, Tennis, The Men, These New Puritans, Nyx Nott, Mush, Moses Boyd, Sign Libra, Eyelids, Robert Vincent and Bambara.

Plus a remastered Romance is Boring by Los Campesinos! which I'm going to see live tonight. :cool:

I thought they'd be more popular. They're not always an easy listen but nor are Radiohead.
Definitely not an easy listen for me now either. TNP CD arrived today but won't play on either of my CD players. £18 anarl!
Valentine's Day new releases. It's a quiet one. Albums from Cindy Lee, Huey Lewis & the News, Justin Bieber, Katie Gately, Nathaniel Rateliff, Summer Camp, Tame Impala, Tennis, The Men, These New Puritans, Nyx Nott, Mush, Moses Boyd, Sign Libra, Eyelids, Robert Vincent and Bambara.
Tried giving Nyx Nótt a listen. The best thing about Aidan Moffat's music are the vocals. However, as with his L Pierre stuff, I don't think there are any on this. Despite seeing a decent review I got bored quickly and switched it off.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. Was on there for the countdown, clicked for tickets but instantly none left. Searched a few times and gave up.

I was surprised at the cost for the Roundhouse too. £65 each.

The Radiohead tickets three or four years ago were about 60 quid I think. Standard fare these days for the big bands.

Back