New Music Releases Thread

I didn't realise he'd been around that long (not an artist that's really on my radar).
I absolutely loved the first album when it came out. The second one was totally different to the first, but still enjoyable. This one is much different again very much a mainstream-ish pop album - absolutely nothing like the spiky indie-rock/pop-rock of his debut!

I didn't realise he'd been around that long (not an artist that's really on my radar).

The weekly Rough Trade email came through today and added the deluxe version of Prince's 1999, a compilation called "Tim Peaks" (compiled by Tim Burgess), an EP by Nardeydey (young jazz types), the annual Beans On Toast album and a Stick In The Wheel "mixtape".
Tim Peaks compilation is excellent, full of unheard of, to me anyway, indie gems on there. Unexpected treat for Decemberish when it’s usually dire for new releases. Thanks Arkle, would never have known about this album.

Last edited:
Aldous Harding last night was truly outstanding, definite contender for gig of the year, she has such amazing stage presence and would cut right through you if she makes eye contact. Cant wait to see her again. Played a new song at the end which was a cracker and very different to her previous stuff.

New releases this week from Burial (a compilation of EP tracks), Liam Payne, Yann Tiersen, Camilla Cabello, Andy Dragazis (as mentioned by @td586), Will Samson, Daniel Knox (an EP), El Khat, The Comet Is Coming, Sufjan Stevens (a classical release) and The Who (correct date).

Aldous Harding last night was truly outstanding, definite contender for gig of the year, she has such amazing stage presence and would cut right through you if she makes eye contact. Cant wait to see her again. Played a new song at the end which was a cracker and very different to her previous stuff.
My favourite of the year (so far) was seeing her in Newcastle. That new song was probably 'Old Peel'. Loads of videos of it on youtube.

Back