New Music Releases Thread

Properly brilliant. Electric.

Plenty. There was a French bloke wearing a fedora and a massive fur coat at the bar asking me to buy him drinks when I was getting a pint. Errr, no, mate.
He was doing that to me as well. He said I was the coolest bloke there. I’m in my 50’s and was wearing a cardigan!

After tonight I can officially confirm Fat White Family are the best band in the country and world. Anyone who disagrees is a tory or mag.

As a mag, I’m happy to disagree !

I do think though they are great. A few pals also went to the Earth gig and said how superb it was.

As a mag, I’m happy to disagree !

I do think though they are great. A few pals also went to the Earth gig and said how superb it was.

Ha. You're exempt. Have to say that was posted after five pints. I was very fragile yesterday.

First time I'd been to earth as well. It's a decent venue. I thought the sound was excellent throughout. Pint selection not the best though, approx 100 taps of Estrella or a session ipa for 6 quid, which they ran out of by the time FWF had started.

Ha. You're exempt. Have to say that was posted after five pints. I was very fragile yesterday.

First time I'd been to earth as well. It's a decent venue. I thought the sound was excellent throughout. Pint selection not the best though, approx 100 taps of Estrella or a session ipa for 6 quid, which they ran out of by the time FWF had started.

im gutted mate as I should have been there. Was meant to travel to London Wednesday but it got put back to Thursday. Pal of mine had two guest lists
Never been to Earth and only heard good things, likewise never seen FWF and really wanted to see Meatraffle also. Gutted

Personally I hate the venue. The bars are inaccessible because they’re part of the crowd. And it always feels as if they have oversold the place

great gig mind. They’re a top class live band

off to see the National tonight

I’m enjoying the new Me & That Man single. It’s a bit different to anything on the last one (probably because John Porter is no longer involved). Reminds me of early 00s glam/garage rock band Pink Grease.

Right, It's getting to that time of year, and I doubt much of any note will be released twixt now and NYE so here goes;

Favourite albums of 2019 in no particular order;

All These Miles (EP) - Kayleigh Goldsworthy
Black Tenere - Kel Assouf
Encore - The Specials
Father of the Bride - Vampire Weekend
Fever Dream - Of Monsters and Men
Freya Ridings - Freya Ridings
Further - Richard Hawley
The Gereg - The Hu
Hard Lessons - Chris Schiflett
History - Youssou N'Dour
Incidental Music - W.H. Lung
Kalilima - Faith Mussa
Kiwankua - Michael Kiwanuka
Let's Rock - The Black Keys
Norman f***ing Rockwell - Lana Del Rey
On the Line - Jenny Lewis
Rosalie Cunningham - Rosalie Cunningham
Saves the World - MUNA
Siltane - Moonlight Benjamin
Sound and Fury - Sturgill Simpson
Under Your Sky - The Sherlocks
Western Stars - Bruce Springsteen
Wraith - Teeth of the Sea

Honourable mentions to Frankie Lee, Allison Moorer, The 1975, Strand of Oaks, Foals, Fatouma Diawara, Afro Celt Sound System, Tyler Ramsey, William Tyler, Girl Ray, The Head and the Heart, Tegan and Sara, Sam Fender, Mdou Moctar, Rilo Kiley, Caroline Polacheck, Andy Grammer, TVAM, Josfin Ohrn, Moon Duo and The Cinematic Orchestra for making this year a bit more bearable.

And a big "thank you" to all who have contributed to this thread and brought new and interesting music to us all.

Right, It's getting to that time of year, and I doubt much of any note will be released twixt now and NYE
Harry Styles on Friday! ;)

Mine are (in order as much as possible but after the first 3 or 4 it’s hard to separate them)
Grade 2 - Graveyard Island
Chris Shiflett- Hard Lessons
King Gizzard - Infest The Rat’s Nest
Kelsey Walden - White Noise / White Lines
Lana Del Rey - NFR
Bracket - Too Old to Die Young
Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind
Michael Franti & Spearhead - Stay Human II
Better Oblivion Community Centre
Bad Religion - Age of Unreason
King Gizzard - Fishing for Fishies
The Muffs - No Holiday
Jenny Lewis - On The Line

Totally forgot my best of the year list last night. Will do it at some point. This week's new releases include albums from Blake Shelton, Duster, Free Nationals, Harry Styles, Stormzy, Pernice Brothers, Pop. 1280 and Erin Anne.

Back