New Music Releases Thread

There was a new 5-track Charly Bliss EP, Supermoon, out earlier this week.

Also, today, there's a reissue of BOB's (classic) Convenience single on vinyl with a previously unreleased B-side
Looking forward to the second solo Foo Fighter of the year. Other than TH and Mount Eerie, I’m not familiar with much on there - any recommendations?
Did you look into the Walker Roaders (James Fearnley of the Pogues + someone from Flogging Molly + someone from Dropkicks)? I went back to the release week (late August) and it didn't make the weekly list on here. Does pretty much what it says on the tin.

Last edited:
There was a new 5-track Charly Bliss EP, Supermoon, out earlier this week.

Also, today, there's a reissue of BOB's (classic) Convenience single on vinyl with a previously unreleased B-side

Did you look into the Walker Roaders (James Fearnley of the Pogues + someone from Flogging Molly + someone from Dropkicks)? I went back to the release week (late August) and it didn't make the weekly list on here. Does pretty much what it says on the tin.
Didn’t know it existed, will check it out!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas so there's a definite slow down of new releases. This week's come from Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Celine Dion, DJ Shadow, Juliana Hatfield, Lady Antebellum, Lil Peep (a posthumous release), Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto (a live album), Antoinette Konan, Sessa, Tindersticks and Jeffrey Lewis & Voltage.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas so there's a definite slow down of new releases. This week's come from Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Celine Dion, DJ Shadow, Juliana Hatfield, Lady Antebellum, Lil Peep (a posthumous release), Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto (a live album), Antoinette Konan, Sessa, Tindersticks and Jeffrey Lewis & Voltage.
Shadow and Hatfield for me.

loving the lankum album, got tickets to see them in January

It's in my top few of the year.

From this week's releases, Bonnie Prince Billy, Jeffrey Lewis and Tindersticks are my obvious three.

As for last week, enjoying FKA twigs, JR Bohannon, Moor Mother, Iguana Death Cult (cheers, @James) and Fitted a lot. Fitted are half of Wire, one of The Minutemen and someone else with an impressive but obscure punk/post-punk CV, they sound like an angrier Wire TBH. The Moor Mother album has me thinking female fronted, earthier Death Grips at times. A bit disappointed by Xylouris White (a bit too mournful) and Mount Eerie (more of the same, basically).

Back