New Music Releases Thread

Are Veronica Falls worth checking out then? They're playing The Cluny soon and after reading about them on the website I mighty have a dodge through like.
Give the album a go, I'm enjoying it, I didn't hear the debut so I'm going to give that a go at some point this week.

Tempted by that gig as well, few days before The Chapman Family. :cool:

Btw if anyone has a spare Frightened Rabbit ticket for the Sage then PM me. Highly unlikely but worth a go.

Give the album a go, I'm enjoying it, I didn't hear the debut so I'm going to give that a go at some point this week.

Tempted by that gig as well, few days before The Chapman Family. :cool:

Btw if anyone has a spare Frightened Rabbit ticket for the Sage then PM me. Highly unlikely but worth a go.

My best mate does lighting at the sage, I'll ask him today for you.

My best mate does lighting at the sage, I'll ask him today for you.
Cheers mate. It's a long shot I know but I completely forgot about them going on tour until last week, too late.

Veronica Falls are a lot more pop than I thought they would be before I listened, I was expecting gloomy shoegazey stuff just because of their whole aesthetic. :)

Quite a lot of what's been mentioned already. Others I like...

Hurray for the Riff Raff's "Look Out Mama" - not exactly new as it came out last year. A bit like a more folkified Cat Power.

Matthew E White "The Big Inner" - just superb! Echoes of Spiritualized at their best.

Joe Gideon & The Shark "Freakish" - they're a brother sister duo who do these strange storytelling songs, him on guitar/vocals, her on drums/keys.

Cheers mate. It's a long shot I know but I completely forgot about them going on tour until last week, too late.

Veronica Falls are a lot more pop than I thought they would be before I listened, I was expecting gloomy shoegazey stuff just because of their whole aesthetic. :)

They're firmly rooted in the whole indiepop thing really. The first album was a bit more gloomy than this one (songs on it included "Found Love In A Graveyard" and "Misery"). Decent live from what I remember of them at a couple of festivals.

The new Unknown Mortal Orchestra album sounds very good on first listen and The Family Cat's retrospective collection double album thing should be listened to by all youthful indie types...

Blues
Five Horse Johnson -The Taking of Blackheart
Black Country Communion - Afterglow

Punk
Dropkick Murphys – Signed and Sealed In Blood
Bad Religion - True North

Alt. Rock/Grunge
Biffy Clyro – Opposites
The Virginmarys – King Of Conflict
Coheed and Cambria – The Afterman Descension
Tomahawk – Oddfellows

Indie
The Rescues – Blah Blah Love and War
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - II
Twenty One Pilots - Vessel
Gliss – Langsom Dans
This Town Needs Guns - 13.0.0.0.0

Metal
Dreamshade-The Gift Of Life
Corelia - Nostalgia (EP) - (i'm taking a liberty here as this was a 2011 release, but I only just heard it through the promobay)

Dubstep
Modestep – Evolution

Bands with 2013 releases in the "haven't had time yet" pipeline.
Misfits
Foals
Nick Cave
Spoken
Bullet For My Valentine
Foxygen
Courteeners
Funeral For A Friend
The Blackout
The Joy Formidable
Eels

Back