New Music Releases Thread

There was a new Me & That Man album out on Friday. The last one was mainly garbage and absolutely nothing like the original MATM record. The new one is better, still fees more like a Nergal vanity project record but at least most of the songs are of the gothic blues/Americana kind of style, but more rock oriented, and I like it.

Unfortunately it features former Misfit and current Trumpist American hero Michale Graves, which is surprising as Nergal always comes across very sensible and liberal on social media. Even worse is that I think it’s one of the strongest tracks on the album.

We're definitely hitting the Christmas slow down for new releases now. There are albums this week from Cynic, Fawns of Love, Julie Doiron, Matt Berry (a 21 track compilation), Houeda Hedfi, Lindy-Fay Hella & Dei Farne, Jessica's Brother, Richard Dawson & Circle and the compilation It's A Good, Good Feeling: The Latin Soul Of Fania Records.

‘It’s definitely the season - a Christmas album by G-Love and the Special Sauce dropped today, as did a Christmas single from Austin Lucas who has slowly become one of my favourite songwriters over the last year or so.

Du Blonde or Beth Jeans Houghton album is class. The tune with Ezra Furman is very good.

Why isn’t she a well thought of artist around here? Very strange when you consider how many local bands that aren’t much cop at all seem to be well supported on here.

Du Blonde or Beth Jeans Houghton album is class. The tune with Ezra Furman is very good.

Why isn’t she a well thought of artist around here? Very strange when you consider how many local bands that aren’t much cop at all seem to be well supported on here.
It’s actually on my list of things to listen to, I’ve heard it but it didn’t stick, and saw it made an album of the year list so will try again

It’s actually on my list of things to listen to, I’ve heard it but it didn’t stick, and saw it made an album of the year list so will try again
Can remember going to see the mystery jets years ago and Middlesbrough corner house. She was supporting them. We were having a drink and she turned up in the bar with a spearmint strat. Just a young lass in converse and she looked class. Had a drink with her guitar on her back. Plugged in on stage, played and fucked off. She was cool as fuck. She’s done really well for herself. Really like her new album and find it really odd how overlooked she has been. She’s really well thought of among artists. Odd.

Can remember going to see the mystery jets years ago and Middlesbrough corner house. She was supporting them. We were having a drink and she turned up in the bar with a spearmint strat. Just a young lass in converse and she looked class. Had a drink with her guitar on her back. Plugged in on stage, played and fucked off. She was cool as fuck. She’s done really well for herself. Really like her new album and find it really odd how overlooked she has been. She’s really well thought of among artists. Odd.
Gonna give it a whirl now

I guess she's never really been part of the North East scene. Moved to London ages ago and has been closer aligned to the stuff coming out of East London than the North East.

I like the latest record but it isn't a patch on the debut as Du Blonde.

Didn’t Beth jeans houghton play one of the split festivals when it was at ashbrooke? From memory her band name at the time was terrible but the album was canny. Saw her at end of the road around then as well and she had a canny crowd.

Didn’t Beth jeans houghton play one of the split festivals when it was at ashbrooke? From memory her band name at the time was terrible but the album was canny. Saw her at end of the road around then as well and she had a canny crowd.

the Hooves of Destiny. Was quite folky iirc.

i remember that she was on the local circuit at that time - but then started to go out with the main fella from Red Hot Chili Peppers, relocated to London and LA, sacked off her band, then started the Du Blonde thing.

became a lot better for it imo.

the Hooves of Destiny. Was quite folky iirc.

i remember that she was on the local circuit at that time - but then started to go out with the main fella from Red Hot Chili Peppers, relocated to London and LA, sacked off her band, then started the Du Blonde thing.

became a lot better for it imo.
Aye that’s the one. As I say, I thought they were canny but agree that du blonde is better

Back