New Music Releases Thread

Gunna echo the Dry Cleaning views on here. I struggled through that on first listen. An EP is enough of it.

Du Blonde has surprised me as the last record was crap. Enjoyable little record full of hooks. Probably won't go back to it too much, but a return to form.
No point in going back and listening to something that you enjoyed again, I agree. Hooks hooks hooks.

Dry Cleaning very good. Glasvegas bag of shite.

I really liked Dry Cleaning's "New Long Leg" on first listen so will be buying it. They're a band I heard about on here. Enjoyed the two EP's and thought the album might have dragged especially after reading the comments on here. I don't particularly get what the singer is rattling on about (too old or thick!), but I still enjoy it.

I really liked Dry Cleaning's "New Long Leg" on first listen so will be buying it. They're a band I heard about on here. Enjoyed the two EP's and thought the album might have dragged especially after reading the comments on here. I don't particularly get what the singer is rattling on about (too old or thick!), but I still enjoy it.
Aye I thought they might be up your street. I'm looking forward to giving it another spin later. Whenever normal life does resume I'd fully recommend going to see them live, they're very good.

I've found myself going back to that For Those I Love record a lot this week. It gets better every listen.

Aye I thought they might be up your street. I'm looking forward to giving it another spin later. Whenever normal life does resume I'd fully recommend going to see them live, they're very good.

I've found myself going back to that For Those I Love record a lot this week. It gets better every listen.
Unfortunately the rescheduled Dry Cleaning tour omits the Cluny date. Tim's Twitter Listening party features the album tonight.

There are new albums tomorrow from Arabrot, Brockhampton, CFCF, Cheap Trick, Flyte, Matthew E White & Lonnie Holley, Rhiannon Giddens with Francesco Turresi, Saccades, Small Black, Taylor Swift (a re-recording of Fearless plus 6 new songs), Ballake Sissoko, Whatitdo Archive Group, Nick Waterhouse, Samba Toure, Peggy Seeger, Raf Rundell, David Olney & Anana Kaye, Bill Mackay & Nathan Bowles, Yoshinori Hayashi, Declan O"Rourke and Ed Cosens.

There are new albums tomorrow from Arabrot, Brockhampton, CFCF, Cheap Trick, Flyte, Matthew E White & Lonnie Holley, Rhiannon Giddens with Francesco Turresi, Saccades, Small Black, Taylor Swift (a re-recording of Fearless plus 6 new songs), Ballake Sissoko, Whatitdo Archive Group, Nick Waterhouse, Samba Toure, Peggy Seeger, Raf Rundell, David Olney & Anana Kaye, Bill Mackay & Nathan Bowles, Yoshinori Hayashi, Declan O"Rourke and Ed Cosens.
That’s a pretty poor week

Got tickets for WMC at St Dom’s in Newcastle later in the year. Is this a new venue? I’ve never heard of it before and can’t find any previous gigs on Google it just seems like a normal catholic club.

Dry Cleaning has already had a similar affect on me as Nouvelle Vague did years ago or even The Velvets “ The Gift” did decades ago or Public Service Broadcasting more recently. Oooooh this is good.........half a dozen listens later....naaaah.
Stick selections of each in a playlist called “The Novelty Has Worn Off”, listen to it every New Years Day and you’ll nivver have to bother with owt similar again.
Looks like Newcastle's version of Moth Club. Great location for it.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking if they’re turning an old club into something similar to the Brudenell or like you say Moth Club. Great news :cool:
The “what’s cooking” promotion couple used to use The Ex Serviceman’s Club in Leytonstone about 16-18yrs ago for gigs but it was too big for the crowds their stuff pulled in. I always thought it’d make a great Far East London stop on the beginner band circuit.

Last edited:
Not a good sign when the only two I’ve even heard of from a list that long are Taylor Swift and Cheap Trick 😳

Back