New Music Releases Thread

Dry Cleaning signed a massive deal with one of the best labels around recently by all accounts. It’ll be announced soon.

Will always remember a mate of mine shouting “it’s like watching the f***ing undatables this shite!” in front of their manager at their Moth Club gig. The look on both their faces...

Announced they've signed to 4AD a minute ago :cool:

I quite like that new Tycho record from the other week, doesn't seem to be getting great reviews so was a pleasant surprise.

Nicolas Jaar just announced his second album of the year is out in a fortnight, hopefully better than the Against All Logic album.

Aye, fine. I guess it's different tastes for different pastes and that sort of thing. I really like the quiet storm thing that The Saxophones do.
Yer normally pretty spot on with my tastes though. I’m getting worried about you. Have a sit down and a cup of tea. Get an early night tonight.

That's an interesting one. Ninja Tune are a cracking label but BCNR are a tad different to most/all of their artists.

I quite like it when great labels have a bit of a curveball. Maximo Park ( who I really like ) on Warp was always a mad one I thought.
I quite like that new Tycho record from the other week, doesn't seem to be getting great reviews so was a pleasant surprise.

Nicolas Jaar just announced his second album of the year is out in a fortnight, hopefully better than the Against All Logic album.

I always think Tycho is a bit bland. On paper I should like him but its never grabbed me.
Agree on Jaar, I loved the first AAA but the recent one poor.

Last edited:
Jeeez @Arkle wtf were you thinking self isolating yourself with the two upthread and US Girls!

Mind I like the HainesBuck effort, always liked both their auld bands. Canna beat a miserable auld wordy white guy and a homeless guitar god. Bucks now in the same boat as Marr isn’t he? Can’t sing or write lyrics for toffee. Surely there’s someone out there needs music? Owt to stop em inflicting solo albums on the world. Witches Tariff being the stand out for obvious reasons: “All the black cats,know where it’s at”. It should be street on to Frankie heartstrings SOL playlist.

New albums tomorrow from Circa Waves, Code Orange, DOA, Deap Lips (Deap Valley and Flaming Lips), Four Tet, Grouplove, Hilary Woods, Niall Horan, Peter Bjorn and John, Porridge Radio, The Boomtown Rats, The Districts, The Garden, Ultraista, Vundabar, Yumi Zouma, The Wants, Shabaka and the Ancestors, Nazar, Maria McKee, LA Takedown, Joyfultalk, Early James, Sam Doores and Pulled By Magnets.

New albums tomorrow from Circa Waves, Code Orange, DOA, Deap Lips (Deap Valley and Flaming Lips), Four Tet, Grouplove, Hilary Woods, Niall Horan, Peter Bjorn and John, Porridge Radio, The Boomtown Rats, The Districts, The Garden, Ultraista, Vundabar, Yumi Zouma, The Wants, Shabaka and the Ancestors, Nazar, Maria McKee, LA Takedown, Joyfultalk, Early James, Sam Doores and Pulled By Magnets.
There’s very few there I’ve even heard of (Circa Waves, DOA, Four Tet, BTR, Niall Horam) but none of those I have are getting me very excited, any recommendations?

There’s also Bombpops tomorrow for anyone of a female fronted pop-punk persuasion. Same label as Pears so I wonder if Fat Wreck Chords have stopped feeding into Metaceitic. They definitely used to.

There’s very few there I’ve even heard of (Circa Waves, DOA, Four Tet, BTR, Niall Horam) but none of those I have are getting me very excited, any recommendations?

There’s also Bombpops tomorrow for anyone of a female fronted pop-punk persuasion. Same label as Pears so I wonder if Fat Wreck Chords have stopped feeding into Metaceitic. They definitely used to.

Deap Lips could be good. Deap Vally (incorrect spelling in my original mail) are a female two piece garage rock band. Shabaka and the Ancestors are another of Shabaka Hutchings' (of The Comet Is Coming and Sons of Kemet) bands. I think they're more Afro-jazz. Peter Bjorn and John Scandi indie, had a big hit with this a good while back:

Maria McKee - ex-Lone Justice singer, had a number 1 with "Show Me Heaven".

Pulled By Magnets - more jazz.

LA Takedown - synthy project, very filmic.

Back