New Music Releases Thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by James, Feb 7, 2013.

1. The Great MES

The Great MES Winger

A new tune dropped by Sleaford Mods this week. From a forthcoming EP, it sounds a bit tame, hope the rest of the tracks are better

2. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Yeah. The album's getting good reviews as well. There's a few in the list that could be interesting.

EP's out mid-September, I think.

The Great MES likes this.
  3. Poor list for me. Any recommendations?

4. Mickdundee

Mickdundee Goalkeeper

Various bands/artists have been bigging up the new Amanda Shires record (Jason Isbell[obviously], Ryan Adams, Mountain Goats) over the last month so I’ll give it a go even though I’ve generally found her a bit bland previously.

I’ll probably also do Houndmouth and Trophy Eyes.

5. Off to the Green Man festival in a few weeks. Are there any things I certainly shouldn’t miss?

Particularly excited for Dirty Projectors, Grizzly Bear, Sorry and Rolling Coastal Blackout Fevers

6. King Gizzard, John Grant, Cate Le Bon, Insecure Men, HMLTD (just for the experience), Lovely Eggs, Duds, Snapped Ankles and Omni

Good lineup that

Arkle likes this.
  7. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

good line up there, was thinking of going myself but didnt get it together

war on drugs
    john grant
    teenage fanclub
    jane weaver
    public service broadcasting

would be the ones I'd be looking to see most on top of what you already mentioned

8. Arkle

Elephant Micah and, as mentioned, Gabe Gurnsey. Gulp are one of the Super Furries and his wife, basically, nice synthy pop on the last album. Everything from Michael Mau (who is actually Michael Nau) onward is on there based on a good review in Uncut so will give at least a couple of them a listen.

9. Mark1984

Mark1984 Full Back

Agreed, sounds a bit poor.

Bunch of Kunst Live CD is class though.

The Great MES likes this.
  10. Arkle

I'm off there as well. @chunkylover53's and @jacko100's lists are a good start. Other than theirs and some of yours, I'm looking forward to Kevin Morby, Eleanor Friedberger, Marlon Williams, Tunng, Bo Ningen (a must), Frankie Cosmos, Xylouris White and Hayley Heynderickx. Also, the chilli Scotch eggs.

11. Yeah excited for most of those bar Lovely Eggs. Duds and Insecure Men are musts for me too. Saw Cate Le Bon there two years ago. Will give Snapped Ankles, Omni and HMLTD an extra listen or two.

War On Drugs another must. Saw them wins ago at latitude and they were immense

Very excited to go again. Scotch eggs are great there.
    Bo Ningen I saw at the Nottingham Bodega about 4-5 years ago. They were superb.

12. James

James Striker

Don't listen to HMLTD beforehand. Just go and see them. You will understand why after, and you'll get the best experience.

chunkylover53 and Arkle like this.
  13. Arkle

I'd agree with this.

14. What should I listen to by Chilli Scotch Eggs?

Don'tListenToTheHat and Arkle like this.
  15. Arkle

You cheeky young scamp!

16. Great tune!

Arkle likes this.
  17. Excellent - shall do.
    I always liked Under The Bridge

James likes this.
  18. fyl2u

fyl2u Striker

Just listened to the Fantastic Negrito album all the way through. Pretty good!

I'd never heard of him but someone I follow on Twitter retweeted something of his so I checked him out.

I like it!

The Lonious Monk and Arkle like this.
  19. The Daniel Bachman album is top fucking class

Arkle likes this.
  20. The Lonious Monk

The Lonious Monk Midfield

Finally got to listen to the new Bass Drum Of Death album and I fucking love it.