New manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who does everyone want for next season then?

Obviously failure to make the play offs will see the end of Phil....surely he can't keep his job after failing to secure a top 6 place in the third division.

It's got to be Phillips for me, that's if the chancers haven't burnt that bridge already.
They aren't going to sack him because corona virus had ended the season early

We are basically at the point where we are scraping around hoping to hit on a manager that cobbles together a decent side through a bit of short term luck or judgement. There is no sign that we are implementing any kind of system, culture, model whatever you want to call it through the club. As long as we do that it's going to be largely pot luck whoever we end up with.

How can you sack Parkinson when he has not been given a fair chance to finish in the play offs or even the top 2 with the season being cut short?

he’s been here the whole season just about and he’s nowhere near the top 2

Been a complete and utter failure
It would be very harsh to sack him after this season like.

Pardon?
He’s done worse than ross

on what basis is he harsh??
I think if Parkinson was in for the beginning of this season we would be top 2, he deserves and will get another crack at it next season whenever that may be.

For the record I think all games should be completed when it is safe to do so in order to fairly conclude this season for all teams.

:eek: Haha what?

No we wouldn’t be In the top 2

based on what?

just complete shite this. How can anyone seriously believe this? There’s absolutely no evidence for it:lol:

in fact his record proves we wouldn’t
I can’t believe people think Parkinson is the issue here. Things will never improve while those clowns running it.
A close friend of mine Non league manager can not believe Blokes like Reid and Hill are in high positions at club like ours, speaks volumes.
Guardiola would struggle under Donald and Methven, fact

He’s done worse than Ross

by some distance too

Last edited:
We'd somehow manage to bring in someone worse anyway if we did sack him. Every staff appointment or player transfer made under these clowns has seen us get progressively worse.
Agreed. Ross was poor but I was concerned that sacking him would just leave us with a worse option. The clowns in charge managed that. They’d no doubt do it again

Agreed. Ross was poor but I was concerned that sacking him would just leave us with a worse option. The clowns in charge managed that. They’d no doubt do it again
Ross seemed on paper to be the type we should have been going for, young fairly bright, seemed to have done a good job in Scotland with a decent defined style of play and at least an idea of tactical approach. We just didn't seem to get very much of that while he was here. I thought there were some encouraging signs early on but the longer he stayed the worse we seemed to get.

If Donald and co are still in charge then the thread is pointless, the bloke is doing as little as possible. Look at the jon McLaughlin situation said contract talks would start roughly 10 month ago when he was on rr podcast well jack shit has been done about that and he is off to Blackburn
So I doubt he will bother his arse about new manager when his contract still has a bit to run

2.5 year contract when he joined. Absolutely no way they'll get rid of him. They can use the ready made excuse "extenuating circumstances" of COVID too.

Ross seemed on paper to be the type we should have been going for, young fairly bright, seemed to have done a good job in Scotland with a decent defined style of play and at least an idea of tactical approach. We just didn't seem to get very much of that while he was here. I thought there were some encouraging signs early on but the longer he stayed the worse we seemed to get.
He was always good at communicating but he was a fundamentally flawed manager for us. His ideas on football and his diagnosis of the issues at Safc were just flat wrong. He made noises over the summer that indicated he had the right idea - but then utterly fucked it in the same way once again. A bad manager who needed shifting. Unfortunately our clown owners don’t know what they’re doing so made things worse.

He was always good at communicating but he was a fundamentally flawed manager for us. His ideas on football and his diagnosis of the issues at Safc were just flat wrong. He made noises over the summer that indicated he had the right idea - but then utterly fucked it in the same way once again. A bad manager who needed shifting. Unfortunately our clown owners don’t know what they’re doing so made things worse.
Yep and I would have no confidence they would do better next time. We really need some people involved to start making some good football decisions.

Who does everyone want for next season then?

Obviously failure to make the play offs will see the end of Phil....surely he can't keep his job after failing to secure a top 6 place in the third division.

It's got to be Phillips for me, that's if the chancers haven't burnt that bridge already.

Great players always don't make great managers

We are well and truly stuck with Parkinson. Honestly, in light of the current situation, I could not give a flying fuck. Sad to say but true

We’ll have Parkinson for the foreseeable future I would imagine, although it was very costly that we blew up in the last few matches.

Our very blinkered shortlist criteria of a previos league one manager did not work. If we had still wanted to do it on the cheap we could have gone for the Cowley brothers who turned Lincoln around but they are now starting to do the same at Huddersfield.

If I could pick a name, who might come, it would be Steve Bould.

We’ll have Parkinson for the foreseeable future I would imagine, although it was very costly that we blew up in the last few matches.

Our very blinkered shortlist criteria of a previos league one manager did not work. If we had still wanted to do it on the cheap we could have gone for the Cowley brothers who turned Lincoln around but they are now starting to do the same at Huddersfield.

If I could pick a name, who might come, it would be Steve Bould.
Cowleys wouldn't have come here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back