New manager

We won't get a manager of proven ability as long as Donald and co are here. In fact Phil Parkinson will be thinking Bolton to Sunderland wasn't a step up at all if the circus continues with zero ambition. As for improving the squad after some more failures contracts have expired will be an eye opener when the dross replacements arrive on another budget exercise by Rodwell's Notts County model.

We won't get a manager of proven ability as long as Donald and co are here. In fact Phil Parkinson will be thinking Bolton to Sunderland wasn't a step up at all if the circus continues with zero ambition. As for improving the squad after some more failures contracts have expired will be an eye opener when the dross replacements arrive on another budget exercise by Rodwell's Notts County model.
This sadly. As long as we have Donald we will have Parkinson and a gradual worsening of an already abysmal squad. And still people defend Donald.

I really would implore anyone to listen to the Ian Evatt Tifo podcast. It's not only his football philosophy thats impressive, but his management of people and his ability to improve his players on and off the pitch is something I'd like to see at Sunderland.
I had a listen to this earlier because of your recommendation. I'm not saying we should go out and get Evatt but everything he talks about is what i want to see from my team. I love the fact he repeatedly says he will not except mediocrity. It galls me that pretty much from losing the checkatrade final that's exactly what we're doing as a club constantly. There's an acceptance from top to bottom of oh well this is where we are now. We should never settle for this shit, we're Sunderland AFC man!
If you listen to Dennis Smiths recent podcast with RR he gets asked about his gamble with Murray over paying his own release fee from York if we didn't go up. He said he never felt it was a risk as a club the size of Sunderland should never be in the 3rd division so he had total belief that he could get us out of there at the 1st attempt.

I wouldn't be massively disappointed if Parkinson stayed. If he left for any reason however, then I'd go for Ian Evatt. Wouldn't cost too much to get out of Barrow. Listening to the Tifo podcast his methodology and mentality sounds like he could be every bit the next Chris Wilder. Also he sounds like he if old fashioned in the fact that he is heavily involved in recruitment as well, which would suit the clubs current setup.

I'm massively impressed with him actually. Obviously a very small sample size but as an out of the box appointment I'd be very happy with him.
Ian Evatt now favourite to become the next Bolton manager.

Spot on. I think the owners and him are here for at least one more season. How that pans out is anyone's guess in the current climate. If they can get decent free transfers in, we might be alright. Do I have confidence in them to do that? Nee chance.
Leadbitter will be caretaker manager by November

Back