New manager

10 wins in 27, 6 goals in 14 away games
He got th job when the team was a complete mess and never even got to finish the season, I'd replace him with a better manager if one wanted the job but I don't think that's the case, we'd probably go for another league one manager.

I think if Parkinson was in for the beginning of this season we would be top 2, he deserves and will get another crack at it next season whenever that may be.

For the record I think all games should be completed when it is safe to do so in order to fairly conclude this season for all teams.

Yes of course they could
Doubt it any manager with mcglochlin, gooch Willis onien Maguire etc should be around the play offs, i fail to see who could be worse with that away record
I think if Parkinson was in for the beginning of this season we would be top 2, he deserves and will get another crack at it next season whenever that may be.

For the record I think all games should be completed when it is safe to do so in order to fairly conclude this season for all teams.
He wouldn't not with our away record

How can you sack Parkinson when he has not been given a fair chance to finish in the play offs or even the top 2 with the season being cut short?

He took us from 6th to 8th.

He alienated our best player in McGeady.

He persists with dinosaur football.

He still hasn’t sorted out the defence.

He found a formation in 3-4-3 and ran the same players in to the ground by refusing to change things or rest them.

He is not the bloke for Sunderland AFC.

We gave him a 2 and half year deal. When the job was promotion.

If he fails or failed then surely were stuck having to pay 2 years compensation a

Absolutely moronic. Manager out of work getting the chance to manage the biggest club he will ever get to manage.

Celtic have appointed managers on rolling 12 month contracts for over a decade.

Why couldn't we have offered a year deal with a 2 or 3 year extension if promotion was achieved

It would be very harsh to sack him after this season like.
He was a poor appointment - he has had 30 games and been a failure. Look at the last game - Bristol Rovers hadn't won for something like 14 games and they strolled to a 2-0 victory. He inherited 'the highest paid squad' in the division and ended up lower than when he came. We won't sack him because they amazingly gave him a 2 1/2 year contract - brainless negotiation on the Grigg scale. Does anyone see him as the man to lead the revival of Sunderland? Anyone? The only way I can see us moving forward is getting new owners who see Parkinson for what he is - a journeyman plodder - and replace him with a more inspiring choice.

We are around the play offs, 3 points off 3rd iirc
We wouldn’t be if everyone had played games in hand you can't argue with the disgusting away record as i said most managers with the team we have would be around the play offs
Utter desperation both decisions which showed his utter incompetence in football matters
Oh i totally agree im just saying we could afford to sack him if Donald wants.

Last edited:
How can you sack Parkinson when he has not been given a fair chance to finish in the play offs or even the top 2 with the season being cut short?
We were in a play off position when Parkinson arrived and now find ourselves sitting 7th.. Surely his remit was to improve us which is why Ross went and a minimum of automatic promotion had to be the goal not consolidate in a play off spot... Remember we even dropped to 15th place at one point..

We wouldn’t be if everyone had played games in hand you can't argue with the disgusting away record as i said most managers with the team we have would be around the play offs

Oh i totally agree im just saying we could afford to sack him if Donald wants.
I don’t think SD wants to spend another £ on our club

I don’t think SD wants to spend another £ on our club
True like us only spending a mill on twelve players in the championship we will soon see, i reckon we will sack Parkinson at the same stage as ross he will appoint Phillips and if he struggles Donald will be hated even more.

Back