New manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you sack Parkinson when he has not been given a fair chance to finish in the play offs or even the top 2 with the season being cut short?
This man. We are our own worst enemies at time. I have some worries but the bloke's not had a chance to build his own side. It's ridiculous. If we'd had some huge takeover with a long term vision maybe but as we stand it's a stupid call to make. His number one signing got injured but prior to that was our best player and coincided with a long run of form. We have to give him a chance to shape things before we judge.
Parky's a decent manager and will get us up. It's time to stick with a manager and let him build his own team.
If Short hadn't sacked Bruce, would we be in league one now?
Ditto MON.
Ditto Poyet.
Ditto Grayson.
I don't think we would.
Parky isn't the problem atm. It's the recruitment team and the owner.
Grayson was dreadful like to be fair

Last edited:

This man. We are our own worst enemies at time. I have some worries but the bloke's not had a chance to build his own side. It's ridiculous. If we'd had some huge takeover with a long term vision maybe but as we stand it's a stupid call to make. His number one signing got injured but prior to that was our best player and coincided with a long run of form. We have to give him a chance to shape things before we judge.
Dunno marra. The fact that his number one signing for a team that can’t really attack was a centre half is not exactly evidence that he has the ability - or even the first clue - how to fix us.

Grayson was dreadful like to be fair
Although I'll never whinge about a win we didn't play well in quite a few of those wins.

Dunno marra. The fact that his number one signing for a team that can’t really attack was a centre half is not exactly evidence that he has the ability - or even the first clue - how to fix us.
Tightening up at the back post Ross was essential. Until the last three games he'd done that - we were harder to beat. He also did get more goals out of our wingers to his credit but then we became too one dimensional and we still missed a striker with the movement to threaten i agree with that bit, though to be fair Lafferty did look more hopeful in the odd game before we finished and it felt like i couldn't quite judge that signing yet. That said i thought we needed a different kind of player - more a Goodman type - strong holding the ball up but with a burst of speed and movement. Lafferty seemed too like for like and was part of the reason we were too one dimensional and found out. As it stands with these owners i don't know who we'd get that would make the change worthwhile.
Although I'll never whinge about a win we didn't play well in quite a few of those wins.
No not in all but had looked very good in others with Maguire and Gooch looking like they were enjoying their game but we'd looked much more resilient. Definitely lacking in quality in some places. Except for our final three games when we'd been found out it seemed.

Last edited:
Tightening up at the back post Ross was essential. Until the last three games he'd done that - we were harder to beat. He also did get more goals out of our wingers to his credit but then we became too one dimensional and we still missed a striker with the movement to threaten i agree with that bit, though to be fair Lafferty did look more hopeful in the odd game before we finished and it felt like i couldn't quite judge that signing yet. That said i thought we needed a different kind of player - more a Goodman type - strong holding the ball up but with a burst of speed and movement. Lafferty seemed too like for like and was part of the reason we were too one dimensional and found out. As it stands with these owners i don't know who we'd get that would make the change worthwhile.

No not in all but had looked very good in others with Maguire and Gooch looking like they were enjoying their game but we'd looked much more resilient. Definitely lacking in quality in some places. Except for our final three games when we'd been found out it seemed.
Think that’s the same fundamental misdiagnosis that Ross and Parkinson made marra. If we regularly concede one goal the best we can do is concede one less. If we only ever score one there’s a whole load more room for improvement. We aren’t gonna defend our way out of this league. We just aren’t. Football isn’t like that any more. Even PPs bolton promotion was a bit anachronistic at the time. We’ve got to do more to improve as an attacking force. That’s where our true problem lies. PP did absolutely nothing to improve that During the season. We fluked a few big wins but were fundamentally no better than we were under Ross - which was simply not good enough either. I’ve seen nothing from PPs time here - nor his career as a whole - to suggest he’s got the knowledge or desire to fix our problems.

We did play well in some games and looked like we had found a formula that suited us. The main problem, which you mention, was that teams saw how we set up and effectively nullified it. We'd been poor for a while, even whilst winning.

Aye true, let’s stick with Parkinson (failed everywhere he has been). We are a league one team. We aren’t going to get someone who’s been successful.
If Parkinson has failed everywhere he has been then so has Clough surely?

The bigger question is when will the new season start.
How will those clubs voting to end the current season early citing reasons of affordability be able to survive a 2020-21 saason?

I agree on the ownership. It's not revisionisum, I've never liked him. He took his face for a shite far too often to be a success. If you think of all the loose lipped owners in English football, there isnt a single one who has brought any success to their club. Loose lips sink (owner)ships. These owners remind me a lot of this government, cut costs at every corner and expect it to work because they dont teach failing at Eton.

But let's face it, no one is buying a football club in this climate, and even if they were, half the clubs in the championship are up for sale at the minute so there are a lot better options on the table than us. So by the looks of it we're stuck with him.

I agree we need a complete restructuring, but there is no way the money will be put up by this ownership to do so. That's why I was so excited listening to the Evatt interview, he could be a complete restructuring of the clubs footballing setup in a single appointment.

where is this?
Kevin Phillips or Nigel Clough

This all the way, and some investment in scouting
Didn't realise it has to be one or the other

Don't get the obsession with him

His teams play canny football

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back