New it film

Status
Not open for further replies.

The shining has already had a remake though
Totally missed this, probably glad I did.

After the ghostbusters remake nothing surprises me.

"Oceans" reboot with lasses is incoming. Oceans 8, leaving room for 9 and 10 to follow.

Splash remake, starring Channing Tatum as Daryl Hannah.

Lots of money is remakes of this sort I guess.

Looks good but not sure a 2 hours film can do justice to the book. A big budget tv series would be better.

When (iirc) they are looking at a photo of the street and Pennywise comes dancing down the street and then jumps up the lampost. :eek:

Really shit me up... I was about 30 at the time. :lol:

Never had a film mess with my head as much as the original. Was a kid when I watched it, was scared shitless of plug holes and ponds for years:lol::lol: Serious error of judgement. The new trailer looks good, but Pennywise looks like dinky the clown from wwf, doesn't seem as scary looking as the Tim Curry character

Doink man FFS
Dink was the midget version of Doink.

Jesus Christ.

They're doing a remake of him? Jessie Christ?

Totally missed this, probably glad I did.

You should give it a try if you're a fan of the book. The Shining sequel does have the feel of a made for TV series but in many ways it beats the Kubrick version hands down.
Apparently King hates it! Probably the best adaptation of one of his books.

I think that King hates it with good reason. He says it lacks warmth and I agree with him.

Don't know if this remake is a good idea or not - I enjoyed the original immensely.

The most underrated Stephen King film adaptation is probablys Dolores Claiborne. I loved that.

Last edited:
Actually looking forward to this, the book scared the crap out of me when I first read it. Wasn't that impressed with the mini TV series, for me it didn't catch the same horror as the book did and missed out a lot of stuff. Even though Tim Curry has big shoes to fill, I am really hoping they do the book justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back