New home kit

Need to show that to Donald @Ghandi Floss

Looks better than with the red bar definitely.

But if the Betdaq logo is actually underneath the ones in the club shop then heaven help them shifting any.

It looks far better, and I’m sure SD/CM are noting all the opinion/feedback on social media. Alas, as I’m sure already noted on here, Bain signed off on it with Adidas yonks ago, so nothing could/can be changed.

Thankfully some fans/RAWA will be nice involved in kit choice/merchandise from now on, so hopefully things improve.

Donald was sorry about last year's kit but said it was already contracted and too late too change. But the next season would be better. Is it fook. Also it has been sneaked in without much of a build up...odd especially pre final.
With all due respect to the Don, it does look better with the black Betdaq sponsor as originally intended.

Need to show that to Donald @Ghandi Floss

Looks better than with the red bar definitely.

But if the Betdaq logo is actually underneath the ones in the club shop then heaven help them shifting any.
There's daft shites already walking about in them man.

It looks far better, and I’m sure SD/CM are noting all the opinion/feedback on social media. Alas, as I’m sure already noted on here, Bain signed off on it with Adidas yonks ago, so nothing could/can be changed.

Thankfully some fans/RAWA will be nice involved in kit choice/merchandise from now on, so hopefully things improve.
Bain won't have had a single thing to do with the cancer kids slapping a red banner ower the top of the intended sponsor, so I'm afraid ya can't shift the blame onto him for this one.

Last edited:
Aye, that was Betdaq’s decision, I think.
End of the day, somebody has given the green light to use something that isn't even this charity's proper logo, plaster it over the sponsor, and flog the shirts at full price. Someone at the club now surely must have been involved in that decision. I don't even think it's Adidas's fault, and it certainly isn't Bain's.

Sorry but it's a disgrace.

Last edited:
There's daft shites already walking about in them man.

Bain won't have had a single thing to do with the cancer kids slapping a red banner ower the top of the intended sponsor, so I'm afraid ya can't shift the blame onto him for this one.

Obviously but it’s also not the clubs fault now is it!

Did the club decide not to have betdaq on it? Do Sunderland Make them? Did the current owners pick this? Is it their fault betdaq only decided a few weeks ago? Do the club pick the price? NO!

These will have also all been manafactured a while ago, well before the decision was made by the corporation that owns betdaq not to have logos on football shirts and there is no way the club or Adidas would have been able to scrap all the ones made and replaced with new ones!

I do think it looks shite, I do like it with just the betdaq but nothing I or the club can do about it.

I’ll just not be buying it, probably like many others and it’s probably the club that will be let down the most!

Pretty sure Bain didn’t sign off on sticking the new sponsor over the top of the old one, which is most people’s problem with the kit.

End of the day, somebody has given the green light to use something that isn't even this charity's proper logo, plaster it over the sponsor, and flog the shirts at full price. Someone at the club now surely must have been involved in that decision. I don't even think it's Adidas's fault, and it certainly isn't Bain's.

Sorry but it's a disgrace.

this

granted they had no say in betdaq pulling out but someone still decided the best solution was to cover the logo with a horizontal red band that doesn't even match the colour of the stripes

the original kit design isn't that bad so it's a shame

dare i say a black band with a white logo would have looked much better than the red one

It would be interesting to know for definite that the Betdaq logo is underneath. If it is, then I’d like to see if any other clubs that were previously tied into a betting deal end up having a shite sticker slapped across it (not belittling the cancer trust)

Obviously but it’s also not the clubs fault now is it!

Did the club decide not to have betdaq on it? Do Sunderland Make them? Did the current owners pick this? Is it their fault betdaq only decided a few weeks ago? Do the club pick the price? NO!

These will have also all been manafactured a while ago, well before the decision was made by the corporation that owns betdaq not to have logos on football shirts and there is no way the club or Adidas would have been able to scrap all the ones made and replaced with new ones!

I do think it looks shite, I do like it with just the betdaq but nothing I or the club can do about it.

I’ll just not be buying it, probably like many others and it’s probably the club that will be let down the most!

Are you saying it was not in the club’s gift to reject them? Pretty sure there will be terms in the contract with Adidas regarding quality. To be honest, I’d send them back under the Consumer Rights act, they’re not fit for purpose!

It would be interesting to know for definite that the Betdaq logo is underneath. If it is, then I’d like to see if any other clubs that were previously tied into a betting deal end up having a shite sticker slapped across it (not belittling the cancer trust)

it is

clearly visible on the inside from those who've bought (fuck knows why) and posted pictures

this

granted they had no say in betdaq pulling out but someone still decided the best solution was to cover the logo with a horizontal red band that doesn't even match the colour of the stripes

the original kit design isn't that bad so it's a shame

dare i say a black band with a white logo would have looked much better than the red one
It looks like that's exactly what the original sponsor was.

Back