New Everton stadium

Money is a huge factor but at the same time so is embracing change and rotating the mps/council. The spire bridge was a monumental waste of money and let’s not forget the infamous concrete playground etc. the financing has not always been there but with what they’ve had they’ve been monumentally wasteful
In your opinion. You could also say the spire bridge was monumental in getting the crown works studios to get the go ahead.

Hasn’t cost much less than spurs ground and it isn’t even close to being on the same level as it.

It might look better when done but it really isn’t anything flash atm like
Just a bigger version of the Madjeski or the Ricoh from what I can see. As I say though, it'll look mint when they're playing park football in a few years

Just passed it today on a Beatles Tour.
Right on the side of the docks and looks only one way in one way out, not sure how the safety authorities passed that.
A £500 million cost a not ready until sometime in the 2024/25.
From what I saw the outer structure looked complete so not sure why the date has been put back.

Not sure how any team outside the top 6 can sustain that and if they went down to the Championship…

To be honest that’s where Sunderland should build a new stadium down by the sea. State of the art Stadium better use of money than patching it up year after year. like the NFL they replace or major remodel after 30 years. I guess we need a new rich owner to figure it out….we have nothing in our bank accounts

Seen a lot of negative comments after that recent post from the Everton Twitter account. Don't think that post did it any favours as loads have jumped to conclusions about how it's going to turn out. The North Stand they showed is also the worst stand and I do think it could have been designed to look a lot better. Does detract from it a bit.

I'm feeling confident it will be at least the 2nd best Stadium in the Country once finished though (I think only Spurs will arguably be better). Won't be anywhere near the biggest but the focus has been on the design and location rather than going for a huge Stadium. I use the word "best" in regards to how modern it will be, facilities, design and steep South Stand, which only Spurs can compete with on those aspects. Location wise it will look special from certain angles too, especially at Night.

It will be an iconic 21st Century Built Stadium unlike many, especially ones built in the UK.

Seen a lot of negative comments after that recent post from the Everton Twitter account. Don't think that post did it any favours as loads have jumped to conclusions about how it's going to turn out. The North Stand they showed is also the worst stand and I do think it could have been designed to look a lot better. Does detract from it a bit.

I'm feeling confident it will be at least the 2nd best Stadium in the Country once finished though (I think only Spurs will arguably be better). Won't be anywhere near the biggest but the focus has been on the design and location rather than going for a huge Stadium. I use the word "best" in regards to how modern it will be, facilities, design and steep South Stand, which only Spurs can compete with on those aspects. Location wise it will look special from certain angles too, especially at Night.

It will be an iconic 21st Century Built Stadium unlike many, especially ones built in the UK.
The emirates and the etihad are better in every way

I think it's class!

Hasn’t cost much less than spurs ground and it isn’t even close to being on the same level as it.

It might look better when done but it really isn’t anything flash atm like
Evertons new stadium isn’t even close to the construction cost of The Tottenham Hotspur stadium which ended up costing £1.2bn and that was 5 years ago in todays money Spurs new stadium would be nearer to £1.7bn to build so there is roughly £1bn difference between the 2 stadiums regarding their construction costs.

If Manchester United eventually decide that they want to build a 90,000 capacity stadium anywhere near to the quality of Spurs stadium it will end up costing them approximately £3bn by the time of its completion in 5 years or possibly longer, good luck with that. 👹

Building the Spurs stadium: A £1.2bn 'overnight success' 25 years in the making

Last edited:
Money is a huge factor but at the same time so is embracing change and rotating the mps/council. The spire bridge was a monumental waste of money and let’s not forget the infamous concrete playground etc. the financing has not always been there but with what they’ve had they’ve been monumentally wasteful
Possibly the stupidest post I've ever seen on here.

I really don’t think that is anything out of the ordinary me like. I was looking at it earlier and was quite underwhelmed by it to be honest for the amount it’s cost.

The far end and the stand to the left remind me of our North and West Stands. That view in the video is similar to the one I have from our South Stand looking across at them.

It will be interesting to see when it’s done. The concourse facilities will obv be miles better than what we have but bearing in mind the SOL is over 25 years old now it compares quite well on the inside (apart from needing a good clean up obv).

I read something yesterday that it will have its own distinct smell piped in. Presumably not stale ale and pie farts like tend to be in our vicinity.

Back