New Everton stadium

Just passed it today on a Beatles Tour.
Right on the side of the docks and looks only one way in one way out, not sure how the safety authorities passed that.
A £500 million cost a not ready until sometime in the 2024/25.
From what I saw the outer structure looked complete so not sure why the date has been put back.

Not sure how any team outside the top 6 can sustain that and if they went down to the Championship…

They move into it for the start of 2025/26 will be complete late this year apparently next season is Goodisons final season

Think it looks alright myself. Think the seats are closer to the pitch than most modern stadiums. Can see it having a decent atmosphere. Just hope the football is good enough to do it justice.

Seen a lot of negative comments after that recent post from the Everton Twitter account. Don't think that post did it any favours as loads have jumped to conclusions about how it's going to turn out. The North Stand they showed is also the worst stand and I do think it could have been designed to look a lot better. Does detract from it a bit.

I'm feeling confident it will be at least the 2nd best Stadium in the Country once finished though (I think only Spurs will arguably be better). Won't be anywhere near the biggest but the focus has been on the design and location rather than going for a huge Stadium. I use the word "best" in regards to how modern it will be, facilities, design and steep South Stand, which only Spurs can compete with on those aspects. Location wise it will look special from certain angles too, especially at Night.

It will be an iconic 21st Century Built Stadium unlike many, especially ones built in the UK.
It looks really nice Marra, looking forward to going with Sunderland (that'll be about 10 years from now and by then you'll have settled in nicely!).

Looks a bit like a more modern version of the old White Hart Lane I reckon from the photos I’ve seen anyway. Goodison is going to be a big miss. And aye as others have said, a bit like your average Bundesliga ground (which isn’t a bad thing).

Won't really be able to judge properly until it's done but it doesn't look particularly flashy, very generic. Goodison has the character but is well past its sell by date, so even just being functional/additional capacity is an improvement from Everton's perspective.

Because they aren’t wanting to move once season started

Some of the comments on here man 😳
Still doesn’t add up. If it’s complete this year, that’s 8 months before the next season starts but they are going to wait an additional 12 months. I think your timeline is wrong.
Not that it really matters, it will be a lovely stadium and absolutely necessary for them. They will move in when they and the stadium are ready to do so.

Edit. I’m an idiot who cant count. Yes you’re right.

Last edited:
Still doesn’t add up. If it’s complete this year, that’s 8 months before the next season starts but they are going to wait an additional 12 months. I think your timeline is wrong.
Not that it really matters, it will be a lovely stadium and absolutely necessary for them. They will move in when they and the stadium are ready to do so.

Edit. I’m an idiot who cant count. Yes you’re right.
🤣

Possibly the stupidest post I've ever seen on here.
£117 million to slightly remove congestion in a city crying out for regeneration of the city centre. The cost was obscene considering a much less grandiose bridge could have been built if at all and there were far better ways to invest to attract further investment

Money is a huge factor but at the same time so is embracing change and rotating the mps/council. The spire bridge was a monumental waste of money and let’s not forget the infamous concrete playground etc. the financing has not always been there but with what they’ve had they’ve been monumentally wasteful
What a hopelessly clueless post this is. :eek::lol:

Back