New Everton stadium

andysafc24

Winger
Just passed it today on a Beatles Tour.
Right on the side of the docks and looks only one way in one way out, not sure how the safety authorities passed that.
A £500 million cost a not ready until sometime in the 2024/25.
From what I saw the outer structure looked complete so not sure why the date has been put back.

Not sure how any team outside the top 6 can sustain that and if they went down to the Championship…

“There is no delay, and the project remains firmly on track and on schedule. A precise moving-in date for our new stadium has never been publicly set by the club. We have repeatedly stated that the schedule of the development will see the keys for our new home handed to us from Laing O’Rourke during the 2024/25 season”

I'm suprised they haven't added gone for a bigger capacity, they currently have 39,414 at Goodison and going to 52,000 at their new place (IIRC). I would have thought they would have at least gone for 60,000 but maybe the demand isn't there or possibily capacity restrictions due to its location?

EDIT - initially 52,000 with the option to expand to 62,000 - I really ought to do my homework before posting...

Last edited:
I'm suprised they haven't added gone for a bigger capacity, they currently have 39,414 at Goodison and going to 52,000 at their new place (IIRC). I would have thought they would have at least gone for 60,000 but maybe the demand isn't there or possibily capacity restrictions due to its location?

EDIT - initially 52,000 with the option to expand to 62,000 - I really ought to do my homework before posting...
Cheers. I’ve been thinking it’s ower small for a long time now.

It's actually in a better location than goodison park and anfield which are both in the middle of housing estates. The new stadium is very well thought out, there are multistory carparks within 15 minutes walks and a train station. They are also putting in an extensive park and ride system and are talking about a floating car park next to it. There is a good doc on youtube about the level of planning and thought thats gone into every aspect of it, it's going to be the second best stadium in the country after spurs.

What happens if the river rises, even a temporary rise would flood the stadium surely.

They have thought of that and built it to withstand any potential flood

Last edited:

Back