New Everton stadium

£117 million to slightly remove congestion in a city crying out for regeneration of the city centre. The cost was obscene considering a much less grandiose bridge could have been built if at all and there were far better ways to invest to attract further investment

I'm not sure you get it mate.

Simply. It's money attracts money.

The council raised a certain amount to trigger the government funding for a bridge. Your posts are very short sighted. That money had to be spent or it would be gone to the south. Better it be another crossing of our river. Crossings historically are linked to rejuvenation. Rejuvenation slowly but surely we are seeing. The movie studio has me excited.

To me it looks small but maybe that's how well it's been designe, the facts don't lie 50k+ is a hell of a size. interested to see it with my own eyes before passing judgement

I also remember thinking the sol looked small when being built aged 7 so what do I know.

Still doesn’t add up. If it’s complete this year, that’s 8 months before the next season starts but they are going to wait an additional 12 months. I think your timeline is wrong.
Not that it really matters, it will be a lovely stadium and absolutely necessary for them. They will move in when they and the stadium are ready to do so.

Edit. I’m an idiot who cant count. Yes you’re right.
End of this year is well into the 24/5 season. They're opening the ground the season after, 25/6.

To me it looks small but maybe that's how well it's been designe, the facts don't lie 50k+ is a hell of a size. interested to see it with my own eyes before passing judgement

I also remember thinking the sol looked small when being built aged 7 so what do I know.
I passed it tonight, and it is f***ing massive!

Back