New doctor who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walsh, 57, who has starred in Coronation Street and Law & Order: UK as well as presenting The Chase, said: "I remember watching William Hartnell as the first Doctor.

"Black and white made it very scary for a youngster like myself."

"I was petrified, but even though I'd watch most of it from behind the sofa through my fingers, I became a fan," Walsh added.

Keep seeing lines like this when people who were kids when it first aired talk about doctor who. Kids used to be proper fannies.

I'm looking forward to the three seasons of will they/won't they between the Doctor and Walsh that ends with a proper neck on 30 seconds before she regenerates into Ron Weasley.

That's the annoying thing. We've just had a season minus any snoggy shennanigans from the doctor, there's a regeneration and we're probably back to LickyLickyville again.

You're forgetting that the new Doctor is going to be a lass. She'll need lots of help with stuff so she can be 'equal'.
I agree - what are they going to do when the doctor takes a year off maternity leave then only comes back part time!? bet theyve not thought of that

Love how a woman doctor who has the masses absolutely frothing with rage

Hilarious

That’s so last year, man. We are foaming about Bradley Walsh as a companion now. Get with the programme.

Still, the shitter it is, the sooner they dump the lot of them.

I’m also surprised that no one has mentioned the clear diversity quota in operation.

I groaned when Catherine Tate became a companion, but learned to love her. I never got away with Clara who always gave the impression that she was so beautiful she just had to turn up and stand there like a cardboard cut out.

You probably found her 'comedy' show hilarious anarl.

I couldn’t stand Catherine Tates comedy show but loved her as the companion. She’s an actress, a very good actress, and she can do a lot of different things if you don’t take your bias and write her off for one aspect of her career.

I hate Clara but I’m loving Jenna Coleman in Victoria and Albert. Probably the only thing that I’ve ever liked her in, if I’m honest.

I couldn’t stand Catherine Tates comedy show but loved her as the companion. She’s an actress, a very good actress, and she can do a lot of different things if you don’t take your bias and write her off for one aspect of her career.

I hate Clara but I’m loving Jenna Coleman in Victoria and Albert. Probably the only thing that I’ve ever liked her in, if I’m honest.
Nar,

Donna was one the all time best assistants.
The likes of Martha and Clara were annoying.
It basically became the Clara Oswald show when she was there. The doctor seemed secondary to her in most episodes. But that's the writers I suppose

This is not the politics forum. You are allowed to have different opinions on here without people being snide. You might want to go and sit on your stairs while you have a think about that. Come back when you have learned the meaning of tolerance. See you next millennium.

It basically became the Clara Oswald show when she was there. The doctor seemed secondary to her in most episodes. But that's the writers I suppose

That’s true. Every time there was a problem Clara reached up her arse and gave the solution. It sets my teeth on edge just thinking about it!

Bradley Walsh will likely be the best thing on it. They can't write women (smug, screechy know-it-alls to a woman) or young people properly but whenever they've had a man over 35 in he's been decent. They even made Corden watchable ffs.

I seem to remember an episode where they 'revealed' she'd always been in the show, and had inserted in her footage with William Hartnell. As soon as that happened it became apparent they were pushing her as a far bigger character than she was. I agree with the Doctor's being portrayed as secondary to her as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back