New Development (toll bar - ryhope)

I know a lad who lives in the estate next to the new KFC.

He reckons it's been so quiet so far that he hadn't realised it that it'd opened. Could all change I suppose.
You can’t tell it’s open, yes there are fittings and now lights on but there’s been no big we are open signs, it could have still been worked on.

I did wonder about the advert on the fence outside, thought it was odd since it hadn’t opened…kfc.co.uk confirms it is open.

You can’t tell it’s open, yes there are fittings and now lights on but there’s been no big we are open signs, it could have still been worked on.

I did wonder about the advert on the fence outside, thought it was odd since it hadn’t opened…kfc.co.uk confirms it is open.
I’m sure the residents of the adjoining estate will sharp realise it’s open when they see an increase in rubbish rats and chavs knocking about the area.

Couple of things
Burger King is card only and traffic is backing onto the main road
I think the latter could be a big problem
Even if you're not a drive thru idle slob you have to join their queue to get anywhere near the carpark
So a Starbucks customer will be stuck and they'll be empty

Mc donalds is already a mare for traffic. Well done planners, these companies must have insiders in getting these plots approved. I see another home bargains goin up at asda.

Couple of things
Burger King is card only and traffic is backing onto the main road
I think the latter could be a big problem
Even if you're not a drive thru idle slob you have to join their queue to get anywhere near the carpark
So a Starbucks customer will be stuck and they'll be empty
Was always gonna happen that. Four big popular fast food places with a shared car park barely big enough for one. Never mind the drive through. Gonna cause loads of traffic.

Macdonalds two minutes up the road is already a pain in the arse with lazy fat bastards queuing up at that drive thru and causing gridlock
two minutes ffs it's a few yards away i could chuck a half brick from McDonalds into the new lot of fast food thingies even with my arthritic shoulder

I’m sure the residents of the adjoining estate will sharp realise it’s open when they see an increase in rubbish rats and chavs knocking about the area.
No doubt the rubbish,rats,and chavs will end up in the road tunnel which is very close and then onto the costal path .
Go along on it from Hendon to Ryhope 3/4 times a week . Take black bag to pick rubbish up after meeting so many people from outside the area that are on walking holiday .

No doubt the rubbish,rats,and chavs will end up in the road tunnel which is very close and then onto the costal path .
Go along on it from Hendon to Ryhope 3/4 times a week . Take black bag to pick rubbish up after meeting so many people from outside the area that are on walking holiday .
Aye ,its not the premium coastline but it's nice and reasonably litter free for the area it is . Chicken beach get togethers are a possibility
reading this thread is like reading the echo comments when something new opens
It looks class
I don't think the houses near will care a jot .
The road situation is a big oversight

Last edited:

Back