New Development (toll bar - ryhope)

The Vaux site has been a matter of discussion on here more than most football subjects.

To the best of my knowledge once everything was sorted and under way the main contractor went bust. I’m sure that wasn’t in any planning. But hardly the council’s fault. You don’t like the look of the buildings erected so far. That’s the evolution of construction for you. What do you expect on there, Durham Cathedral? With a Wagamamas of course.
Hanging gardens of babylon, with a drive through mega Greg's or I'm out

Wont last long, most of the lazy fkrs get them delivered now.

Aye, but they have to get them delivered from somewhere.

Currently this is the only burger King in the city, and other KFC's are Castletown & pennywell which are too far for the deliveroo lads on pushbikes if ordered from that end of city.

I meant people being in the place. Sorry but a bug bear of mine is the rise of fast food out of town joints. Part of the national problem in my eyes. Just eat, deliveroo on a par with car washes and turkish barbers for modern day slavery and justification of uncontrolled immigrstion. Just my opinion

I personally would be a bit gutted if I’d spent a fortune on one of those new gaffs only to find burger king kfc and the worst of them all the pretentious scratter paradise that is Starbucks all on the estate. Unless people were informed beforehand they would be built there.

I meant people being in the place. Sorry but a bug bear of mine is the rise of fast food out of town joints. Part of the national problem in my eyes. Just eat, deliveroo on a par with car washes and turkish barbers for modern day slavery and justification of uncontrolled immigrstion. Just my opinion
You right
The number of people riding around delivering and one look at them you know there’s something dodgy about it

I personally would be a bit gutted if I’d spent a fortune on one of those new gaffs only to find burger king kfc and the worst of them all the pretentious scratter paradise that is Starbucks all on the estate. Unless people were informed beforehand they would be built there.

The development was planned well before the houses were even built.

Why? They are built between the two busiest roads in and out of Sunderland with a busy train track not 25 meters away. It’s not like they were surrounded by countryside.
The development was planned well before the houses were even built.
It’s was gonna be a travelling site before they were built. So they will be happy.

Last edited:
I know a lad who lives in the estate next to the new KFC.

He reckons it's been so quiet so far that he hadn't realised it that it'd opened. Could all change I suppose.

Good news for the areas obesity and poverty figures.
Nice walk away the cliffs ,onto the beach to skim a few stones then some tasty chicken or whatever to warm you up
I know a lad who lives in the estate next to the new KFC.

He reckons it's been so quiet so far that he hadn't realised it that it'd opened. Could all change I suppose.
Can't see it being an issue . The road noise must be canny anyway . There's not a lot of space for dafty boy racers

Last edited:
Some scratters on that estate will get deliveries from kfc etc
Lazy gets

Back