New buyers put off by £20 million hole in accounts

Could he not be that div who bleated about the Nike deal on insta months ago when he was crying to their customer support about not getting a refund on his scuffed trainers?

The fact anyone would seriously think it's Methvan is pretty odd.

Kildare is most likely just some obsessed Oxford fan who got a bit too attached to Donald when he was down there. It's much more likely he's not all there in the head than he's doing some Keyser Soze style act to get people off the scent.
Probably. The only doubt is that this is something than Charles has done before. One thing is for sure, the lad knows next to fuck all about Sunderland, the fans and what the club needs. Hang on, I’m now convinced it’s Fishy Farahs again.

That might well be the case but I don't believe it's Methven based upon what I've seen... I was presuming there had to be something more conclusive out there.
If his not Methven, then he is definitely someone who is associated with The Chuckle Brothers. He does criticize them about football but he gets agitated when you say they have failed as businessmen or questioned their wealth and finances. A bit like when Donald gets called a chancers. I've noticed he wouldn't have a bad word said against Richard Hill and hails him as a genius. He also likes to claim that our marketing has improved. He even claimed that our profile in better in League One than in the PL!

It might not be Methven but he's definitely involved with them.

If his not Methven, then he is definitely someone who is associated with The Chuckle Brothers. He does criticize them about football but he gets agitated when you say they have failed as businessmen or questioned their wealth and finances. A bit like when Donald gets called a chancers. I've noticed he wouldn't have a bad word said against Richard Hill and hails him as a genius. He also likes to claim that our marketing has improved. He even claimed that our profile in better in League One than in the PL!

Exactly mate he bit like hell yesterday on here when i said they must be topping up the furlough money, cos no way would it cover our wage bill.He bit back saying as if they dont have enough money to keep us afloat.So why get a loan if thats the case.He bit because interestd parties will just wait now till knowing they are chucking money in to a black hole as it stands.

:eek:

I sometimes avoid threads he's on so missed a fair bit of the stuff you've mentioned.

In his meltdown yesterday I'm pretty sure he said the kids that were moved on for compensation payments to Premier league teams "were behind the moves"?

That's a pretty sweeping, definitive statement to make given all of the information we got from friends and parents of the kids saying that the club had touted them and encouraged the move.

I sometimes avoid threads he's on so missed a fair bit of the stuff you've mentioned.

In his meltdown yesterday I'm pretty sure he said the kids that were moved on for compensation payments to Premier league teams "were behind the moves"?

That's a pretty sweeping, definitive statement to make given all of the information we got from friends and parents of the kids saying that the club had touted them and encouraged the move.
Yeah it was disgusting. Even the most Uber happy clapper defender of the club wouldn't stoop to the level he did to defend the owners.
Exactly mate he bit like hell yesterday on here when i said they must be topping up the furlough money, cos no way would it cover our wage bill.He bit back saying as if they dont have enough money to keep us afloat.So why get a loan if thats the case.He bit because interestd parties will just wait now till knowing they are chucking money in to a black hole as it stands.
I agree mate. He doesn't like it when you questioned their wealth.

Last edited:
the behaviour of some folk on hee..the lack of a basic moral compass..is revolting..im out of here..and am very close to epudiating m support for suderland...reading tis boad for a deacade,..pone of te tings that pushed me more into the club..was the passion ofthe fans..im not that pasisonate about sagfc..but i thought safc fans were good people..and wanted the club to make tjem happy as it means so much..bit the laxzy, amolaify kf some on here makes me wish, today at least, the club went bust so they could suffer for their lack of decency,

Fuck off Charlie you horrible cuuuuuuuuuuunt

the behaviour of some folk on hee..the lack of a basic moral compass..is revolting..im out of here..and am very close to epudiating m support for suderland...reading tis boad for a deacade,..pone of te tings that pushed me more into the club..was the passion ofthe fans..im not that pasisonate about sagfc..but i thought safc fans were good people..and wanted the club to make tjem happy as it means so much..bit the laxzy, amolaify kf some on here makes me wish, today at least, the club went bust so they could suffer for their lack of decency,

For what it's worth, having been involved with lots of communication with Methven I'm convinced Kildare Mackem is him. I'm fully away of people saying they've been with him when posts occurred etc. Despite the attempted changes in style and spelling and the digs at the owners, the underlying tone and purpose of the vast majority of the posts I have read are the purest essence of Methven. So it's either him or someone who shares the man's very soul.

I also have reason to believe our kids were touted out. Someone I used to work with pretty closely with now works for someone high up in a Premier club. Can’t be any more specific than that, but they told me in good faith that we sent out a list with our most promising youth and if they wanted to take a look at them. It could be “wrong” info, but don’t have any reason to believe this person would lie. Even for SD/CM it seems a stretch, but who knows.

I’ve mentioned this to mates at matches for over a year now, never wanted to post it on here as I’m not 100%. I haven’t seen any lists etc. Could be bollocks but it’d be an elaborate wind up from someone who isn’t even really into football

Last edited:
For what it's worth, having been involved with lots of communication with Methven I'm convinced Kildare Mackem is him. I'm fully away of people saying they've been with him when posts occurred etc. Despite the attempted changes in style and spelling and the digs at the owners, the underlying tone and purpose of the vast majority of the posts I have read are the purest essence of Methven. So it's either him or someone who shares the man's very soul.

Could have saved a lot of face by just coming clean.
Likewise could have saved a lot of face by not running away like a spoilt bairn as soon as he had a few issues to sort at the club, made all of his previous actions a joke.

I also have reason to believe our kids were touted out. Someone I used to work with pretty closely with now works for someone high up in a Premier club. Can’t be any more specific than that, but they told me in good faith that we sent out a list with our most promising youth and if they wanted to take a look at them. It could be “wrong” info, but don’t have any reason to believe this person would lie. Even for SD/CM it seems a stretch, but who knows.

I’ve mentioned this to mates at matches for over a year now, never wanted to post it on here as I’m not 100%. I haven’t seen any lists etc. Could be bollocks but it’d be an elaborate wind up from someone who isn’t even really into football

Well a parent of one of them said it was all agreed between the club and Liverpool well before they heard anything and that our crack team didn't even call them to find out how they got on when they met. This, along with a whole age range going in such a short space of time. So, I would say the above rings true.

Ellis Short’s business is called Kildare Partners, I’m sure he’s bright enough not leave a trail of evidence though...🤔
I mentioned that months ago. I posted then that I thought it was a chuckle brothers in joke.
“Soul” is it possible to be both heartless and soulless?
I’ve a mate who lives in Oxfordshire and has supported them all his life. Wed lost each other’s numbers and hadn’t spoken for years. He got in touch via another mate a few months after they took over here to say they’d be on the safc forums from the off and that Methven had a few ids on Oxford ones. He also mentioned them wanting to buy Oxford with a huge patch of farm land included in the deal but that didn’t work out.
Didnt really matter as I was on his case from the day his trousers were revealed. My mates in two minds about themmsucceeding here as he doesn’t want them sniffing round Oxford again if the fail here yet also doesn’t want them succeeding anywhere.

Last edited:
What I find hard to understand (maybe because I'm a thick Northerner with no business acumen) is what happened with Lee Cattermole?

They had a player in Lee who was contracted to the club, was one of our better players and wanted to stay and play for the club.

Instead of continuing to pay his wages and allowing him to play, they forced him out of the club agreeing to pay his full wages but over a longer period of time.

How does paying a player in full while not having him play for the club help us in any way, other than adding to the clubs debts to be paid down the line (I'm assuming by somebody else)?

Is it any wonder buyers are dubious about the accounts and the valuation of the club with tricks like that going on?

It gets him off the wage bill as far as the SCMP wage rules are concerned. Any player who isn't at the club but is still receiving money doesn't count towards the wage cap.

Not sure he was "pushed out" like. Didn't sound that way in the interviews I've heard with him. Sounded like he wanted away because league 1 football didn't suit his style of play.

Back