New build houses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champion, I’m pleased for you. I’ve worked modern new builds so know what they are like beyond the coat of paint. If you are happy fair play. We will all end up in one, one day.
Maybe you were the cowboy and worked for a crap firm. Both my two have been no bother at all.

I’m in a Taylor Wimpey and love it. We’ve hardly had any snagging but what we have had they’ve taken an absolute age to fix (apart from the water damage from a leak we had early on - that and the poor quality of the kitchens are the only moans we have).

No need to start the insults spug, Just electrical jobs after a year or two after the build. Never been near a new build site as I’m not a house basher. As I say if you are happy then don’t worry about it.
I’m not insulting you. You said yourself they were crap. You’re the one working on them.

I’m in a Taylor Wimpey and love it. We’ve hardly had any snagging but what we have had they’ve taken an absolute age to fix (apart from the water damage from a leak we had early on - that and the poor quality of the kitchens are the only moans we have).
You have to keep on and on at Taylor Wimpey until they realise they can't keep fobbing you off. The Customer Service Managers for the North East shudder when they see my email address/phone number pop up. The trick is to find a way of getting past the first line mouth breathers who read from a script. If you can befriend the site manager, or go direct to one of the Directors you get far better service
Just my opinion. You have yours.
You cannot call all new builds "egg boxes with cheap walls". That's not an "Opinion" it's a baseless claim, unless you have visited every new build in the country

Last edited:
After the build was the clue.
It would have been if that’s what you said but didn’t. Doesn’t sound right either. Barrats are still on site at mine 3 years on and if owt goes wrong they’ll come and sort it. Just used to have a word in the show home and they’d sort it. Why would they get a sub contractor in?

Live in a 2006 Persimmon. It’s ok, for what it is. Used to live in a 1990ish Leach Home near Cramlington, which seemed to have a bit more solid elements to walls, but it was absolutely freezing and awful at retaining heat. Can’t complain much about this one in that respect.

It would have been if that’s what you said but didn’t. Doesn’t sound right either. Barrats are still on site at mine 3 years on and if owt goes wrong they’ll come and sort it. Just used to have a word in the show home and they’d sort it. Why would they get a sub contractor in?
Punters get lads in because if you ask the builder for “extras” an extra socket in the garage, a 2 way switch at the door, spot lights etc the builder gets a sparky and builder adds his bit on stinging the punter. Punter rings sparky Cutting out the middle man. Basic money saving techniques.

Been in a Lovell home since 2009 and had no bother at all with it, although you don’t see too many Lovell builds around up here anymore

Punters get lads in because if you ask the builder for “extras” an extra socket in the garage, a 2 way switch at the door, spot lights etc the builder gets a sparky and builder adds his bit on stinging the punter. Punter rings sparky Cutting out the middle man. Basic money saving techniques.
I just paid the company me. See now I can see why you have this opinion that these houses are crap. The customers are getting work done by the cheapest means. Everything in mine is done properly and have had no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back