New build houses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moved into a Taylor Wimpey in December and I’ve been absolutely over the moon with it. Few snags but they sorted them pretty much immediately, even a couple of dents we put on the wall when we moved in and a few scratches on the kitchen wall that the arsehole dog artistically added.

We’re in the first ten or so people to move into the estate so they might be better given they’ll be on site for another couple of years and you ignore our lass at your peril. It might be a different story when they’re packing up and nearly ready to move on to the next job (which is what happened with my last one - a Miller).

We're in a David wilson and very happy with it. Didnt pay for any extras and the level of trim weve got had still been really good, weve been in getting on for 3 years and not had any major issues.
We looked at a Linden home for the same price, everything was extra, fence, grass etc, even toilet seats. I've driven round that estate since it was completed and the houses look nice but you're so on top of each other.
if possible, look at estates where people have been living for a while, helps to give you an idea what it'll be like when its finished.

We moved into a Cussins house 18 months ago. If I posted 1/2 the shite that’s gone wrong you wouldn’t believe it.

an absolute shitshow from the very first day. We are just about to hand a file to our solicitor.

Moved from David Wilson to another David Wilson. No complaints. Only bit of advice I’d give would be don’t use the solicitors they recommend and receive a referral fee for. First one went bust and second is now subject to a complaint.

Today’s “new builds” =Egg boxes with cheap brick walls.

Years ago they were built properly, with decent materials and decent tradesmen.
I will settle for my super insulated egg box.

Haven't had the heating on upstairs in all the time we have been here, and very rarely in the winter.

With the windows closed you can't hear a thing outside, not that there closed often.

The only thing I'd like is a solid wall between my son and daughters room

Today’s “new builds” =Egg boxes with cheap brick walls.

Years ago they were built properly, with decent materials and decent tradesmen.
:lol:
what a crock of. My new build is class. Really nice finish, spacious, efficient etc.

I now live in a house built in the early 1900s. Big sash windows etc. f***ing freezing them in the winter. Place is like triggers broom. Only thing left is the bricks, fireplaces and skirting boards. Houses are full of problems when they were first built. Take years of TLC to get them established.

I’m happy in my 50s billet, bomb proof and a bit of character, They will carry me out of here in a box One day, love it.
One of my grandads was a time served joiner. There were new builds behind st. Aidan’s church in new Herrington in the 1980s, Gary Bennett lived there for a while. We had a wander around the site and my grandad was picking loads of faults with the houses.

:lol:
what a crock of. My new build is class. Really nice finish, spacious, efficient etc.

I now live in a house built in the early 1900s. Big sash windows etc. f***ing freezing them in the winter. Place is like triggers broom. Only thing left is the bricks, fireplaces and skirting boards. Houses are full of problems when they were first built. Take years of TLC to get them established.
Champion, I’m pleased for you. I’ve worked modern new builds so know what they are like beyond the coat of paint. If you are happy fair play. We will all end up in one, one day.

A lad I work with bought one of those new builds at Ford Estate..he said it was absolute shite..poor finishing..paper thin walls and just generally crap..he lived it about a year then moved into an old house on Ford Estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back