New build houses

Dennis

Winger
Probably going to look at moving house next year/once the Coronavirus fucks off (if I still have a job). Heard about certain housebuilding companies being hopeless, are any rated highly? Or who is the least shit?

The firm I work for does the plumbing in new builds and we often hear about all the issues in the home, not just plumbing.. Barratt David Wilson are probably the better quality in general, avoid Linden Homes at all costs.

The firm I work for does the plumbing in new builds and we often hear about all the issues in the home, not just plumbing.. Barratt David Wilson are probably the better quality in general, avoid Linden Homes at all costs.

That bad? They've got a couple of developments going up in Gateshead (Saltwell and somewhere else), which I'd possibly have considered

That bad? They've got a couple of developments going up in Gateshead (Saltwell and somewhere else), which I'd possibly have considered
Google complaints about them. They specify what's to be fitted, all of it is on the cheap & the build quality is poor.

Go and see them. You’ll know straight away man. I’ve had two new builds and I just kept looking at developments I wasn’t even interested in just to get an idea of comparison

Go and see them. You’ll know straight away man. I’ve had two new builds and I just kept looking at developments I wasn’t even interested in just to get an idea of comparison

Yeah, definitely will, but the showhomes might not represent what you actually get would be my worry. See lots of complaints online about problems and the bother people have getting them put right

I live in a Redrow property (2 years) and wouldn't have an issue buying from them again. A lot of little snags which needed to be pointed out by me and sent to them (you'd expect this to be sorted before they handed it over considering I reserved it 6 months in advance), but they sorted them pretty quickly and I've had no issues since.

I live in a Taylor Wimpey. Had loads of issues. Most got sorted in the end but not without a battle. I wouldn't buy from them again. Avant and Storey homes seem to have a better rep but they cost alot more so should be better.

Probably going to look at moving house next year/once the Coronavirus fucks off (if I still have a job). Heard about certain housebuilding companies being hopeless, are any rated highly? Or who is the least shit?
I follow that Angry People in Local Newspapers on Facebook and there always seems to be story's about people having issues with Persimmon on there.

I live in a Redrow property (2 years) and wouldn't have an issue buying from them again. A lot of little snags which needed to be pointed out by me and sent to them (you'd expect this to be sorted before they handed it over considering I reserved it 6 months in advance), but they sorted them pretty quickly and I've had no issues since.
We have a couple of Redrow sites, one in Basingstoke & another in Bognor. I look after the Basingstoke site & it's been a stroll, my colleague does Bognor & they have an inordinate amount of full on OCD sufferers, plastic socks supplied, followed round the house, everything covered in dust sheets and this was before the virus.

Windows are getting smaller in new builds (or do it seems).
Look at older houses, you'll appreciate the light bigger windows offer.

I'm in a Keepmoat house, coming up 4 years now. Few snags at the beginning but sorted fairly quickly. No major issues and touch wood it stays that way.

if you detached you should be ok with any of the builders however if its a semi you’re looking at then i would go older house personally

It’s a poor state of affairs that these house builder, some like Persimmon virtually printing money, let buyers in before identifying and sorting out defects.
I am sure they have QA certificates for excellence in this and that but surely they have to employ their own clerk of works to be accountable for their subby work quality.
It must be difficult to get workmen back once they leave site.

Back