New boozer opening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Men don't say on point mate :lol:
Just get it down and move on like a bloke
I only ever say it when speaking about men’s beer mate ,it seems the best and probs the only way to describe it sometimes .

Can’t just down it and move on ,it needs to be on point

Looking forward to trying this. Dun cow gone down the toilet - it's terrible and never liked that church street place (beer choice is shit).

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/whats...o-change-face-of-sunderland-culture-1-8128129

450 retractable seats or 700 standing according to that article so not as big as I expected, certainly not as big as the Academy 1 venue in Newcastle. However, it is comparable to the Newcastle's Academy 2.

Decent for smaller bands, hopefully they can make it like Cluny 1 or something.

Looking forward to trying this. Dun cow gone down the toilet - it's terrible and never liked that church street place (beer choice is shit).

Same people running it as The Dun Cow.

Reactions: DJP
Taking the missus out for a rare night out without the kids on Saturday. Thanks, finally, to the mother realising she has some grandmother responsibilities. Really looking forward to checking this place out. Reminds me of a couple of good bars in Sydney.

Will start with a couple in Grannie Annies before heading over town;
Peacock
Engine Room
2 Church Lane
Dun Cow

A canny little quarter for pubs there now.

Taking the missus out for a rare night out without the kids on Saturday. Thanks, finally, to the mother realising she has some grandmother responsibilities. Really looking forward to checking this place out. Reminds me of a couple of good bars in Sydney.

Will start with a couple in Grannie Annies before heading over town;
Peacock
Engine Room
2 Church Lane
Dun Cow

A canny little quarter for pubs there now.

Church Lane is ok if you're eating. Only time I've been in on a Saturday night there was about 6 people in and the place stunk of burgers.

Canny new addition to the city centre, the Sharps Atlantic is spot on, bar staff are a bit slow but will hopefully improve.

The problem with Sunderland is that the locals will moan about new places no matter what - too expensive, too much chrome etc etc etc but put the same place in Newcastle and it becomes wonderful. The Karbon Grill had the same issue. Looks good - they have kept some of the original features, especially like the "Fire Station" sign across the back. As long as it is clean, decent seats, reasonable price, decent food and beer, should do well.

I had a look over there yesterday and the pub looks fantastic; the kind of place the Sunderland knockers on here would drink in, and rave about if the pub was in Newcastle, whilst never setting foot in the same pub because it is in Sunderland.
Its a shame for the owners in that they own all three pubs in the same area, so effectively competing with their other pubs for the punters, however the flip side is one more cracking boozer with not far to stagger between pints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back