New boozer opening...

Been in for bait with the bairn today, very nice, service was ok considering. There was about 3 bar staff when I was there. As I left a lad and lass took our seats but walked straight out. Wasn’t you was it @The Lambton Worm?

No mate. Stood at the bar. There was a lad serving the lass next to me but he disappeared after serving her. I then went to the Dun Cow and he was standing at the bar talking to the barmaid.

Went in last night at 11.40.Was closing.Thought on a Friday they would stay open till midnight at least.

I'll just go earlier next time.

Just been in myself. Was canny busy got a seat next to the window, 3.95 a pint of coors which I can live with. Was gona get some nachos but the lass said their was a 45 min wait so never bothered. Got there bout 3 and was 3 to 5 bar staff on had 3 pints and never waited over 5 mins to get served.

Just been in myself. Was canny busy got a seat next to the window, 3.95 a pint of coors which I can live with. Was gona get some nachos but the lass said their was a 45 min wait so never bothered. Got there bout 3 and was 3 to 5 bar staff on had 3 pints and never waited over 5 mins to get served.
Is there cheaper lager don't mind if it's a decent pint mind

Had my first leg ower round the back of there 30 year ago.

Think I'll have a pop in tonight after the Isis.

They said that to me about food too, I ordered anyway and had it in 15 minutes

oakham's a canny brewer iirc mate
Lovely beer.Me mate said he went in later and it went to 3.50 as they said tills were off. Don't know what price is now but was rammed earlier on so fingers crossed for the place.

Had my first leg ower round the back of there 30 year ago.

Think I'll have a pop in tonight after the Isis.
It would be great if she was in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely beer.Me mate said he went in later and it went to 3.50 as they said tills were off. Don't know what price is now but was rammed earlier on so fingers crossed for the place.

It would be great if she was in there.
Not really, she gave me a dose.

Went in for a quick pint after the parade today. Had to queue and wait to be taken to a table as Sunday dinners were on. Service at the bar is ridiculously slow as people ordering coffees and whatnot which seem to take ages. Had a pint of staropramen and a half of Moretti for the lady with a bowl of wasabie peas. Atmosphere was a bit formal but that will probaly relax when not a Sunday dinner time. Get more bar staff is my advice. Dinners looked canny mind.

my one twist about is that when people order tea or coffee at the bar the member of staff serving them tells them to take a seat and they will bring the coffee / tea over. Thus removing said member of staff from the bar duties. I suppose if thats all I have to twist about its canny.

Back