New Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is no different than what any of the other clubs did when the NEPL was formed back in 2000, indeed CLS were most "aggressive" back then in the pursuit of local young talent, as they have been ever since. To single out one club for what is a wide spread practice in the NEPL is naive at best.

Every club in the NEPL, div 1 or 2 would like to be in a position to offer local youngsters the best environment possible to nurture their talents, some have the means and drive, some haven't.
There has now been a marker put down here re Washington CC and it'll be interesting too see what they do next and who they sign next. Clearly a club that wishes to go places but we'll see if its on the back of attracting the best U11, U13, U15 and U18 talent from other clubs.

There has now been a marker put down here re Washington CC and it'll be interesting too see what they do next and who they sign next. Clearly a club that wishes to go places but we'll see if its on the back of attracting the best U11, U13, U15 and U18 talent from other clubs.

The marker was put down back in 2000 at the start of the NEPL, as I said in my previous post, every club that joined back then did the same thing.
Washington are 12 years behind the likes of CLS, Sunderland, South North etc, so to think this is something new shows what little you know of your own clubs history and that of the Premier league clubs in general.

It started in earnest 12 years ago and it's starting again now with a different set of clubs.

The marker was put down back in 2000 at the start of the NEPL, as I said in my previous post, every club that joined back then did the same thing.

Washington are 12 years behind the likes of CLS, Sunderland, South North etc, so to think this is something new shows what little you know of your own clubs history and that of the Premier league clubs in general.

It started in earnest 12 years ago and it's starting again now with a different set of clubs.
Well clearly if you dont agree with someone the best way of putting them down is to indicate that they know fuckall. ;)

Well clearly if you dont agree with someone the best way of putting them down is to indicate that they know fuckall. ;)

That's not what my post said, I know by your posts that your son is only 11 and you haven't been involved in local cricket as long as some. I'm simply pointing out that what you are saying about Washington and the juniors is not new, it's gone on for years, and CLS were doing it (amongst many others) as much as anyone. To simply think this is unique to one club, and new shows a complete lack of knowledge of how one part of the recruitment process works.

That's not what my post said, I know by your posts that your son is only 11 and you haven't been involved in local cricket as long as some. I'm simply pointing out that what you are saying about Washington and the juniors is not new, it's gone on for years, and CLS were doing it (amongst many others) as much as anyone. To simply think this is unique to one club, and new shows a complete lack of knowledge of how one part of the recruitment process works.
:lol: - hole, deeper, dig

I've watched CLS since 1977.

:lol: - hole, deeper, dig

I've watched CLS since 1977.

So you'll know all about the likes of Luke Evans, Chris Martin, Graham Martin, Paul Chivers to name just a few juniors that were recruited from other teams then? And that's just off the top of my head.
As I said, nothing new as you should well know if you know your cricket.

So you'll know all about the likes of Luke Evans, Chris Martin, Graham Martin, Paul Chivers to name just a few juniors that were recruited from other teams then? And that's just off the top of my head.
As I said, nothing new as you should well know if you know your cricket.
The Martin brothers (David is the other one I know not Martin) were born and bred in CLS. I used to drink with their Father in the 1970's.

The Martin brothers (David is the other one I know not Martin) were born and bred in CLS. I used to drink with their Father in the 1970's.

There you go, nothing to with David and not related. Chris Martin came from Willington and Graham Martin from Hetton Lyons, both recruited as juniors and not related to each other.

There you go, nothing to with David and not related. Chris Martin came from Willington and Graham Martin from Hetton Lyons, both recruited as juniors and not related to each other.
TBH I never watched junior club cricket until about 3/4 years ago when my lad started going down on a Friday night to CLS CC. There is no real reason to when your child is not involved.

I've made my point about Washington and Junior cricket and it still stands.

TBH I never watched junior club cricket until about 3/4 years ago when my lad started going down on a Friday night to CLS CC. There is no real reason to when your child is not involved.

I've made my point about Washington and Junior cricket and it still stands.

We'll have to carry on this discussion when the season starts and we meet up, I know what you're saying but you're saying it 12 years too late, and you could apply the same point to any one of a dozen clubs.

We'll have to carry on this discussion when the season starts and we meet up, I know what you're saying but you're saying it 12 years too late, and you could apply the same point to any one of a dozen clubs.
:eek:

should I be worried. ;)

Just to put the record straight, James Thompson joined Washington at the age of 8. Adam Hickey joined when his dad joined and the family moved into Washington and so we were his local club. To the best of my knowledge Matthew Potts is the only junior to join Washington from another club. All of the other juniors have been recruited from local schools.

This is not the record of a club taking juniors from other clubs. Hope this answers the question.

Just to put the record straight, James Thompson joined Washington at the age of 8. Adam Hickey joined when his dad joined and the family moved into Washington and so we were his local club. To the best of my knowledge Matthew Potts is the only junior to join Washington from another club. All of the other juniors have been recruited from local schools.

This is not the record of a club taking juniors from other clubs. Hope this answers the question.

You can't post that on here that is far too much of a sensible and not accusing post.

I can categorically state that Mattie Potts was not, I repeat not poached by Washington cricket club, he saw Washington as a progressive, friendly club who are well run and are able to offer an environment in which he is able to thrive and hopefully develop his talent further, it of course nice to see that he is considered to be one of the north east's top young talents, however there is a long road to future success and many pitfalls await for the unwary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back