Netflix Hints At Password Sharing Crackdown As Subscribers Fall

Counter productive. I pay for the most expensive plan so that the kids can use it when they're at my mums or nanas. If they make that impossible I'd just go down to the cheapest account and I imagine loads of people will do the same
I might do this and just pay for the cheapest account.
Same as you I put it on for the kids when I go to my Dads house but sounds like they are no longer allowing this. The email says you can sign in on a TV at a holiday home/hotel or on a device. No mention of being ‘allowed’ to sign in on a tv at another residential address.

I might do this and just pay for the cheapest account.
Same as you I put it on for the kids when I go to my Dads house but sounds like they are no longer allowing this. The email says you can sign in on a TV at a holiday home/hotel or on a device. No mention of being ‘allowed’ to sign in on a tv at another residential address.
When I was in Florida last year the family before us in the villa had left their Netflix logged in. So I started watching loads of bizarre shot for a few minutes each time to totally mess with their algorithms. Hehe.

If i pay for the account i should be able to log in wherever i want to use it. Like someone else said. The kids watch it on their tablets at the mothers when theyre staying over on her wifi. Will that be stopped? Surely it will allowed to continue or authorised devices?

I let my mate from work use my Netflix login and in return he let's me use his Disney+ account but if you think there's these, Paramount, Amazon Prime, AppleTV etc it all adds up. I know this is essentially a direct response to help Netflix and their financial issues which were reported a few years ago but it's still a bit excessive IMO. Recently looked in to a Youtube subscription too because I watch more content on there than anything and their ads do my head in...£15.99 a month!

I let my mate from work use my Netflix login and in return he let's me use his Disney+ account but if you think there's these, Paramount, Amazon Prime, AppleTV etc it all adds up. I know this is essentially a direct response to help Netflix and their financial issues which were reported a few years ago but it's still a bit excessive IMO. Recently looked in to a Youtube subscription too because I watch more content on there than anything and their ads do my head in...£15.99 a month!

I've also got some script for when vid is over 18 and youtube want copy of driver license/bill to watch , so i can bypass that

If i pay for the account i should be able to log in wherever i want to use it. Like someone else said. The kids watch it on their tablets at the mothers when theyre staying over on her wifi. Will that be stopped? Surely it will allowed to continue or authorised devices?
As long as that device logs onto Netflix at what you count as your primary location within 30 days then it’s fine.

The other option we had to do was tell Netflix I was travelling if I was over the 30 days and then receive an unlock code. It was so random if it worked and such a pain, so we cancelled it. Haven’t missed it at all so happy I saved the money.
YouTube is the way ahead. I dropped Spotify and Netflix after signing up for it

Last edited:
You can sign into a VPN go to turkey. Pay for YouTube premium for a year for about €15 then just disconnect vpn and use YouTube premium as normal with your account

You can sign into a VPN go to turkey. Pay for YouTube premium for a year for about €15 then just disconnect vpn and use YouTube premium as normal with your account
You could do this with Netflix also as I moved to Turkey for a while. Depending on the exchange rate, I've been paying anywhere from £2.24 to £4 a month for 5 Premium HD profiles since mid 2019 so 4 other family and friends use their own profiles. You can only watch on 4 profiles at any one time but apart from twice during COVID it's never happened.

Thankfully no email yet, though even the email doesn't say they're stopping people does it? Even if they did eventually stop the 'sharing' then I've got my money's worth for sure 😎

On a side note, if people aren't aware you can do the same with Amazon Prime and share it with someone else. I do it with my Mam so she can watch owt on Prime and use Prime delivery etc and get all the codes/discounts like I do (the latter is usually me using her account also to get double discount) 😉

Last edited:
Then what happens if you do? You get charged for a new household?
Don’t think so , think it’s just to stop sharing passwords, which loads of youngsters do .
Loads families will have accounts for say 4 users and 1 user is often a son/daughter who live in a separate house . I “think” that is fine and not what they are wanting to stop.
When my daughter logged on yesterday I got an email alert and just had to approve it .
Will check my bill though 😃….
If they are clamping down on that then I may just bin it and many others I imagine would do same

Don’t think so , think it’s just to stop sharing passwords, which loads of youngsters do .
Loads families will have accounts for say 4 users and 1 user is often a son/daughter who live in a separate house . I “think” that is fine and not what they are wanting to stop.
When my daughter logged on yesterday I got an email alert and just had to approve it .
Will check my bill though 😃….
If they are clamping down on that then I may just bin it and many others I imagine would do same

I was under the impression they were clamping down on anyone outside of the household..maybe im wrong

Back