NEPL 2019

So half way through the season Burnmoor top of the Premier League, Washington top of Division 1.

Newcastle bottom of the Premier League, one point separates Willington and Gateshead Fell at the bottom of Division 1.

Thoughts?

Not many teams that have dropped out of NEPL (since pyramid was sorted 6 years ago) have gone back up. Good few stuck in second div

So half way through the season Burnmoor top of the Premier League, Washington top of Division 1.

Newcastle bottom of the Premier League, one point separates Willington and Gateshead Fell at the bottom of Division 1.

Thoughts?
?

South north top of the premier league and Newcastle 6th?

Thoughts?
Terrible seeing these Jonny come lately clubs (ex senior league too) pushing proper clubs out of the way. Haha

No doubt about that. But to compete at that level I think you have too now. Which is a massive shame but it's the way it is. Even to retain your own players they demand payment now.
Interestingly my son told me of one of the cls cc lads who was offered money to play elsewhere and he turned it down to stay at cls cc

Said that being happy playing his cricket at a club he has been with since a young lad meant more to him than a few quid

Interestingly my son told me of one of the cls cc lads who was offered money to play elsewhere and he turned it down to stay at cls cc

Said that being happy playing his cricket at a club he has been with since a young lad meant more to him than a few quid
Players like that seem to be few and far between these days. There are some about.

I think there are more than we care to acknowledge
Playing for money brings a pressure that I’m sure doesn’t suit everyone plus many still just like to play with their mates
The latter is definitely true

If as a cricket club you can bring through 3 or 4 lads who have all played junior cricket together it makes a helluva difference to their mentality and cameraderie

Players like that seem to be few and far between these days. There are some about.
My son left cls cc once and came back. The cricket club have gone to great lengths to integrate him back into the system and give him opportunities at a senior level

He appreciates it and he said last week that he wouldn’t go anywhere else for money

I don’t think that my lad is an exception

Last edited:

If as a cricket club you can bring through 3 or 4 lads who have all played junior cricket together it makes a helluva difference to their mentality and cameraderie

My son left cls cc once and came back. The cricket club have gone to great lengths to integrate him back into the system and give him opportunities at a senior level

He appreciates it and he said last week that he wouldn’t go anywhere else for money

I revkon i can guess the ClS player you are discussing BUT sure there is one or two at most clubs. I’ve said before on here but i played at Whitburn as a kid.....neil Ayre was offered cash every year. Never left the village. Played there from u13

I'd like to think he isn't the exception, but what I've seen on the ground it seems 50/50 these days.

As a club that cant and doesn't pay any players, lads do get get offered cash, some stay some go for it.

Burnmoor beat South North in the 20/20 semi final. Noticeable that South North had a few players missing today.

I went up and watched the final. Bosisto was a class act for Willington but didn’t think they looked much cop
Burnmoor timed their chase well and still had a few scares on way. 7 down in last over

Back