Neighbour wants to build extension

Your airspace extends above your property to a height that gives you scope for possible future upwards development. You might want to demolish your house and build a block of flats, as an example.
But this height can't be so high that you can stop aircraft from flying over. There's likely no height stipulated, common sense and the council planning department will come into it.
So you can't stand in your garden waving your fist at over flying aircraft. Get off my land. :)

Last edited:
If you object to planning permission (the OP has done so) then it’s a dispute officially. Ditto with the party wall dispute.

While I have a lot of sympathy for the OP (whose neighbours have been anything but neighbourly) he has not listened to any advice on here as to how to get the best possible outcome for himself. He thought he knew better and so even though he is the injured party here (so to speak) it’s a waste of time continuing to offer support and advice.

The builders will build overhand and leave a mess on his side, which they won’t clean up. His dogs are no concern of his neighbours.
Spot on

He’s going on like a right tit tbh

New neighbours have got some builders in doing work this week. I'm presuming they knock off work then come round cos they don't get started until about 5pm. They can fuck off if they think they're banging about all night like.

Haway Gilly. Bit fiddle helps the working lad make a few extra quid. Surely you wouldn’t be calling HMRC on lads trying to make a few quid extra?
If they were painting or wallpapering I couldn't give a shite but it sounds like they're knocking a wall down or something.

New neighbours have got some builders in doing work this week. I'm presuming they knock off work then come round cos they don't get started until about 5pm. They can fuck off if they think they're banging about all night like.
Part time cowboys using the.comoany they work for for money on the side.

Let them carry on and laugh at your neighbours when it's a bodge job and they leave it half done costing them thousands to get repaired or completed. Tight gits.

Commonplace unfortunately , have you asked your new neighbour to keep noise down ?

Back