Need to drive Ellis out of Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon he thinks he can just get in as much money as he can through parachute payments, selling everything he can rather than sell the club. He doesn't give a shit about the club otherwise he would have admitted his mistakes, taken a hit and sold. That's why protests should be done to be honest.

Pocket what he can and skedaddle before the administration... that the possible scenario then?

You could go all the way back to the Bank of England club in that case.....it won't help at all. Short is here and now, this is his mess.....we wont get any better until he is long gone. I've been saying it for years and have seen nothing to suggest otherwise despite the hand-wringing on here at the prospect of real change.

There are two ways it can change and you're completely discounting the possibility it could get worse.

Be careful what you wish for has been said on here and I did agree with it to some extent. If we get Chinese owners which I doubt we will it would be a disaster imho, and who else is out there with the money we need? It's painful to think that we could end up worse off with a new owner, but possible.

He needs to go and find a buyer quickly it could turn very ugly soon I think.

I reckon he thinks he can just get in as much money as he can through parachute payments, selling everything he can rather than sell the club. He doesn't give a shit about the club otherwise he would have admitted his mistakes, taken a hit and sold. That's why protests should be done to be honest.
If he sells things,turning them in to cash,then they won't be assets on the balance sheet.

The problem is that it will not be easy to touch him, it needs to be legal but effective. Other than emptying the stadium what else is there.
A man at the top of a company you would think would be informed about what was going on. If this person didn't know what was going on then surely he shouldn't be there in the first place. So why would you pay money to somebody to be a scapegoat? Somebody must know the answer to this question. Here lies the answer.

Nope, I think you'll find Short doesn't want to loose money and so no one matches his valuation
He has to be forced to take the hit

Last edited:
I saw this thread last night after I returned from the match, but with emotions running high, I decided to wait till this morning to post.

Three points......

1) People need to stop this "administration is a good thing" crap. It's not. It will almost certainly relegate us and Christ knows where we will end up.

2) I have no issue with a demo over how the club is been run, but this is not the place to organise it. The reality is; the vast majority of posters don't go to the match and for that reason, anything arranged via these pages will be doomed to fail.

3) Despite what happens off the pitch, we need to support the 11 lads on it. Yes protest against Short etc, but make sure we back the team. I know everyone is sick, but this mass walkout every time we concede needs to stop. It's not helping anyone.

I saw this thread last night after I returned from the match, but with emotions running high, I decided to wait till this morning to post.

Three points......

1) People need to stop this "administration is a good thing" crap. It's not. It will almost certainly relegate us and Christ knows where we will end up.

2) I have no issue with a demo over how the club is been run, but this is not the place to organise it. The reality is; the vast majority of posters don't go to the match and for that reason, anything arranged via these pages will be doomed to fail.

3) Despite what happens off the pitch, we need to support the 11 lads on it. Yes protest against Short etc, but make sure we back the team. I know everyone is sick, but this mass walkout every time we concede needs to stop. It's not helping anyone.

I'm all for a new improved owner and have been for years, since it became obvious we were aiming to tread water at best ..... sadly the fate of many clubs in the PL.

I've seen various clubs, such as Palace, supposedly 'forging ahead' whereas the reality is that even recent champions, Leicester, are more likely to be relegated than ever win the title ever again. As Mike Ashley recently admitted it's just not worth the risk attempting to do anything with 'big ambition', that supporters crave.

Sunderland are in a mess but the queue of serious buyers, who really want the club, seems to be less than 1 ...... if the best option is to force the price down so low that some half interested consortium decides to 'take a punt' then we'd end up little better imo.

Short was the best chance we've had in decades but his appointments have failed as have the players they brought in. His responsibility, at the end of the day, but he tried for a club of our stature.

I'm all for genuine protest and laugh at suggestions that anyone is worried about appearing to look like Mags. But, at the same time, some of the suggestions on here are worse than anything they dreamt up ...... some of them are pathetic tbh, no better than poking your tongue out at the nasty man.

People sitting on a laptop, doing nothing, while calling others apathetic is irony at its best.

TBF though it's hard to know what to do for the best, protests would have very little effect other than on the team which is why many are wary of taking that route imo.

Short wants out and, as @Grumpy Old Man keeps pointing out, there are few options for him either.

The only way is to stop going to the matches. Can you imagine the impact of an empty stadium on the value of a club. It will never happen of course but the one thing Short does understand is money.

The only way is to stop going to the matches. Can you imagine the impact of an empty stadium on the value of a club. It will never happen of course but the one thing Short does understand is money.
That would hurt the club and the fans much more that it would Short. The club is in serious financial trouble and I can't believe (well yes I can) that some people are advocating starving it of even more money in the forlon hope it will somehow hurt Short. Short can take the hit of a few £100m, unfortunately SAFC can't and I want to still have a club to support when he eventually does leave.

That would hurt the club and the fans much more that it would Short. The club is in serious financial trouble and I can't believe (well yes I can) that some people are advocating starving it of even more money in the forlon hope it will somehow hurt Short. Short can take the hit of a few £100m, unfortunately SAFC can't and I want to still have a club to support when he eventually does leave.
A one off gesture would make a strong point. If Short stays we're headed for obscurity. Crazy thing is that if we go down again he'd get even less for selling us. I'm sure one of the particulars in the sales brochure is the large and loyal fan base which the next owner can milk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back