Need to drive Ellis out of Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A one off gesture would make a strong point. If Short stays we're headed for obscurity. Crazy thing is that if we go down again he'd get even less for selling us. I'm sure one of the particulars in the sales brochure is the large and loyal fan base which the next owner can milk too.
As a fan base we don't generate much cash I'm afraid and we probably won't even be the best supported club in the championship this season.

There's not much milking to be done.

Be careful what you wish for has been said on here and I did agree with it to some extent. If we get Chinese owners which I doubt we will it would be a disaster imho, and who else is out there with the money we need? It's painful to think that we could end up worse off with a new owner, but possible.

He needs to go and find a buyer quickly it could turn very ugly soon I think.

Exactly. Some people want just any new owner.

At the time the latest take over fell apart, I wondered if there was particular rules about the running of our club that have perhaps been there since the Murray era. He wanted to make sure that the stadium, the land and the academy is always owned by the club. If that is written into contracts then it makes SAFC a very poor target for asset stripping. Thankfully that will put off the wrong sort of owner.

At the time the latest take over fell apart, I wondered if there was particular rules about the running of our club that have perhaps been there since the Murray era. He wanted to make sure that the stadium, the land and the academy is always owned by the club. If that is written into contracts then it makes SAFC a very poor target for asset stripping. Thankfully that will put off the wrong sort of owner.

Source? (Imagination excluded)

I can't see any negative potential consequences, genuinely.
He saw the opportunity of a quick buck and has blown it, he is now putting the position of the club in peril as he attempts to claw back money he's lost through his own awful decisions.

And you still can't admit that you were a f***ing tit, coward.
Lol....wipe the spittle from your screen idiot.

If the club goes into administration would it not be better for a buyer to purchase after that for next to nowt instead of paying 300 million to Short/the debt?

No but he will make a cost benefit analysis of keeping SAFC.

The less money he gets through ticket sales, merch. etc the more SAFC costs him. Then if he's being protested against and his name is dragged through the media that's a (personal) cost. In other words, the actions of SAFC fans have the capacity to make Short's ownership of us more costly (financially and otherwise) and thus help push through a deal.

Ha way man @haway, get your Short Out avatar up. (Not that it will make any difference).

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Get used to lower league football lads as the investment isn't there and the North East isn't exactly a hot bed players want to come to.

Our best hope is quality youth coaching and fingers crossed we can have a batch come through like the Southampton of this world. No doubt the academy will be ran by monkey's though.

Whatever it takes. He is destroying the club. Scum.

FFS he's never going to go unless someone offers him what he wants.

Would you sell your house for £10 because the neighbours don't like you? Would you fuck, so why should he sell for less than what he values the club at?

Pointless, pointless, pointless.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Get used to lower league football lads as the investment isn't there and the North East isn't exactly a hot bed players want to come to.

Our best hope is quality youth coaching and fingers crossed we can have a batch come through like the Southampton of this world. No doubt the academy will be ran by monkey's though.

you my well be right
leeds
forest
Pompeii
sheff wed / utd

plenty of big clubs who have spent umpteen year in the lower leagues , if we have no money we have to get the academy working better, can see us in the championship for a few years to come

you my well be right
leeds
forest
Pompeii
sheff wed / utd

plenty of big clubs who have spent umpteen year in the lower leagues , if we have no money we have to get the academy working better, can see us in the championship for a few years to come
Scary thing is fletch mate we may end up dropping further then championship.

Have a look at this season's PL for plenty clubs who were in loads of debt but now have new owners and are doing better than us. Stop pretending it's impossible.

Plot their trajectory, their route to salvation. How many rose phoenix like from the ashes of their first season after relegation? Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth, Swansea, Palace, Leicester, even Man City suffered total collapse before they were forced to build from scratch. Whilst it's entirely possible to recover from here it doesn't tend to happen too often to clubs encumbered with our level of debt.

you my well be right
leeds
forest
Pompeii
sheff wed / utd

Just as well Martin Bain appointed his mate from rangers as academy director when we finally got rid of mcnamee instead of finding someone with a proven track record in that arena.

If he sells things,turning them in to cash,then they won't be assets on the balance sheet.

If you sell things and get cash, you replace a non-cash asset with a cash asset. If you use the cash to pay off a creditor, you reduce a liability. Both these are balance sheet neutral. You only reduce the net assets if you use the cash to meet an expense or pay a dividend.

That could be done if there was a restrictive covenant put in place when it was sold to Murray in the first place. It wouldn't prevent the stadium being sold, but would mean that the land it's on can only be used a sports ground. The land and the academy are on green belt land, and thus unattractive to commercial developers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back