Nearly 27,000 with 3 weeks to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nearly always a Boxing Day spike. In 04/05 we were averaging less than 27k in the 2nd tier even though we'd got into promotion contention yet we got 43,253 vs Leeds on Boxing Day. 160% of the season average - that would be about 48k this season. Next two league home games in January that season were back to 27k with a 17k in the cup in between. We didn't go over 40k again that season till the last game 47k, against 34k the previous match.

Last edited:

If you think scraping wins in league 1 is going to get the stay aways back then youre kidding yourself

I couldn't give 2 flying f$%ks if they come back or not

You either support or you don't

I didn’t say I’d prefer to be getting beat every week but I’d prefer to be competitive in the Premier league . Of course I would . I very much care what league we are in because I want Sunderland to be the best we can be . The standard in league one is poor and there have been long periods in games where it’s not been that enjoyable . I love that we win and see this season as a means to an end and with Ross in charge I am sure that we will be promoted and will then be competitive next year

People are missing some of the best football we have played ? They really aren’t

Opinions mate, we all have them.

I couldn't give 2 flying f$%ks if they come back or not

You either support or you don't

Opinions mate, we all have them.
Well you clearly could because youre not half harping on about it

People on here seem to have a massive problem getting their heads around the fact that some people just dont want to go to the match. Maybe they have in their opinion better things to spend their time and money on

Over the 27,000 mark now.. Creating a loud and positive atmosphere at home games is far more important than numbers in my opinion, although I do believe that the one would help lead to the other..

I was sceptical but if we’re knocking on 30k already I’d say we’ve every chance of hitting 40k on Boxing Day.

A lot will have been off work since 21st so they’ll have been gorging on food and drink and the prospect of getting out of the house watching the lads will be just the ticket.
40k - no problem

They wouldn't be necessaraly going to watch us. They'd be going to watch world class Premier League players. I know loads of people who support other teams but used to go to a few of our matches for a day out at the football as the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea are too far to travel.
You don't know 7,000+ people who do that though.

it would be nice to see the stadium full, however the mood in the ground at the minute is great, I've stopped hearing consent moaning about a missed pass or wayward shot. would that change if the part-timers come back ?

It’s not the best football we have played though and that’s the point . Some people do want to watch a certain level of football and although we are winning there have been some games where the standard of the game hasn’t been great

Its the best football we've played for a good few years.

What is it Janey can't get twitter at work

Hope they leave their shoes on

@stewartdonald3 is there a way I could give the gift of football by buying an adult and 2 kids tickets for Boxing Day that can be given via the Foundation of Light to the right people? Might make Charlie happy with target 40K!

People on here seem to have a massive problem getting their heads around the fact that some people just dont want to go to the match. Maybe they have in their opinion better things to spend their time and money on

I have merely discussed the attendance on a Thread about attendance, I wouldn't say Harping

And I don't have a problem with people who don't want to go, either way it makes no difference to my life in any way shape or form.

Its the best football we've played for a good few years.
It’s winning football but I wouldn’t say it was the best . On Tuesday we were energetic and entertaining but for long periods we couldn’t keep hold of the ball.
We played better football in a number of games last year . Derby, Leeds and Reading away last season and for twenty five minutes at Bristol City. A home to both Norwich and Sheff Wednesday we played some great stuff at a good tempo and then made stupid errors which got punished and probably don’t get punished this season

It’s winning football but I wouldn’t say it was the best . On Tuesday we were energetic and entertaining but for long periods we couldn’t keep hold of the ball.
We played better football in a number of games last year . Derby, Leeds and Reading away last season and for twenty five minutes at Bristol City. A home to both Norwich and Sheff Wednesday we played some great stuff at a good tempo and then made stupid errors which got punished and probably don’t get punished this season

All relative though, isn't it? We are at this level and creating chances with pace and ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back