Nasser Hussain walking out of the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strauss was on about being a commentator and Swann said "Hussains job will be getting the chop soon"

cuts to the 3rd man box he took his headset off and walked off :lol:
Got to admit sky cricket commentators are 100% better than the arseholes on soccer special.

Got to admit sky cricket commentators are 100% better than the arseholes on soccer special.

Thats so true that.

Real experts everyone of them.

Earlier in the series I was complaining that SKY didnt have enough mixture ie a couple of more Australians in but then I heard Mark Taylor on the presentations and realised how lucky we are,

The commentary team, barring beefy, are excellent. Professional, insightful, impartial and put their points across in a way that you can understand.

Beefy is more like a fan and it was great to see him grinning like a Cheshire cat last night.

I thought it was funny hearing Hussain's strong Essex accent coming to the surface and replacing his "posh voice" in the early commentary after we won the game.

Missed him walking off as I WAS ASLEEP HELLO!!!!!

Hussain was not a popular captain, he is anal and particular even though he tries to be an "everyman" type blerk.

The commentary team, barring beefy, are excellent. Professional, insightful, impartial and put their points across in a way that you can understand.

Beefy is more like a fan and it was great to see him grinning like a Cheshire cat last night.

I think Beefy is canny tbh, he suffers cos the rest are that good. The likes of Atherton, Holding, Hussian really are superb and could listen to them talk about the game all day tbh.

As sports broadcasting teams go I would say the Sky cricket team is up there for the very best when it comes to knowledge of there chosen sport and all round general banter

Last edited:
I thought it was funny hearing Hussain's strong Essex accent coming to the surface and replacing his "posh voice" in the early commentary after we won the game.

Missed him walking off as I WAS ASLEEP HELLO!!!!!

Hussain was not a popular captain, he is anal and particular even though he tries to be an "everyman" type blerk.

He was with me, he was the first in the line of captains that started restoring the pride in English cricket.

I think Beefy is canny tbh, he suffers cos the rest are that good. The likes of Atherton, Holding, Hussian really are superb and could listen to them talk about the game all day tbh.

As sports broadcasting teams go I would say the Sky cricket team is up there for the very best when it comes to knowledge of there chosen sport and all round general banter

Totally agree mate.

Nass is spot on. I shouted over to him for an autograph during the ODI against Pakistan at the Riverside last year, he pleasantly obliged and then with a wry grin on his face said he was late for work and I was going to get him the sack, I reassured him that if he did then we were taking on at our place. :lol:

Completely agree, and it nicely illustrates the difference between football and cricket - how many former England football captains could you listen to for more than 15 seconds?

Hussain was a great captain for England at the time. We were a shocking team until him and Duncan Fletcher started changing the whole mentality of playing for England. Where we are now and the progress since is due those two changing things around.

Hussain was a great captain for England at the time. We were a shocking team until him and Duncan Fletcher started changing the whole mentality of playing for England. Where we are now and the progress since is due those two changing things around.

Give us our first series win in Pakistan for quite a while iirc

Very true, we were weak as piss until those 2 came along. They were a good foil for each other, Fletcher a pretty calm, unemotional man with great coaching ability, and Hussain a sometimes highly strung leader with fighting qualities and not afraid to give out a bollocking.

Spot on marra you can track back from this current team to Nasser and Fletcher, without them two starting things off we could still be in the doldrums now instead of flying high.

are you bothered who we get next week mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back