My Team v Wigan

I'm in two minds about what to do with Hume.

IF we feel we're still in with a realistic chance of automatic put him in and cross our fingers.

I'd hate to rush him back, miss out on automatic, and lose him for the play offs though.
Deal with the play offs it comes to it, we need out most attacking team /formation starting from Tuesday. Time to roll the 🎲
Deal with the play offs it comes to it, we need out most attacking team /formation starting from Tuesday. Time to roll the 🎲
And fear nobody!!

Last edited:
Burge
McLaughlin Sanderson Wright Hume
Power Leadbitter O’Nien
Jones Wyke McGeady
This but Winchester for Leadbitter.....Roy Keane yesterday indicated “top teams have a settled back 4.”....we need to stop messing about with experimental back three, stop playing Power as a right back, and Onein as a centre half. We need height and physicality across the back line. If Wright is not fit push Onein to right back and play McLaughlin centre half ( or Oliver centre half...he looks composed and strong).

I'll go:

Burge
Power Sanderson McLaughlin Hume
Winchester
Scowen O9
Jones Wyke McGeady

I know Power can be iffy at RB, but when he overlaps he can put in some cracking crosses for Wyke.
Winchester is a poor footballer, but his energy should allow Scowen and O9 freedom to support our attacks.
Need to pack the box when we put a ball in, not have Wyke on his own marked by two CB's.
Jones and McGeady should start every game when fit with Maguire and Gooch on standby / sub.
If Wyke is having another off day, then sub him for Stewart, don't like the constant change of formation.

I'll go:

Burge
Power Sanderson McLaughlin Hume
Winchester
Scowen O9
Jones Wyke McGeady

I know Power can be iffy at RB, but when he overlaps he can put in some cracking crosses for Wyke.
Winchester is a poor footballer, but his energy should allow Scowen and O9 freedom to support our attacks.
Need to pack the box when we put a ball in, not have Wyke on his own marked by two CB's.
Jones and McGeady should start every game when fit with Maguire and Gooch on standby / sub.
If Wyke is having another off day, then sub him for Stewart, don't like the constant change of formation.

Good point this. I don’t think we won a second half all game on Saturday.

Burge
McLaughlin Sanderson O’Nien Hume
Power Scowen
Jones Gooch McGeady
Wyke​

Matthews
Leadbitter
Winchester
Maguire
Diamond
O’Brien
Stewart

Burge
McLaughlin Sanderson Wright Hume
Leadbitter
Power O'Nien
Jones Wyke McGeady
Could also push Power to RB, bring in Scowen if you're looking to change the balance out wide. Power will drift into the right pocket from centre mid anyway. Could even use Gooch at right back if you're chasing the game.

...................Burge.................
McLaughlin.Sandy.O'9.Hume
........Power.....Scowen.........
Jones.......Maguire...McGeady
....................Wyke....................

Subs: Matthews, McFadzean, Wright, Winchester,
Gooch, Stewart, O'Brien

LJs team might not be a million miles off but obviously Maguire won't be starting, he probably won't even be in the squad. I think he'll probably play Stewart & Wyke in a 442
Is Wright fit again?

Back