My Team v Wigan

horselover

Striker
...................Burge.................
McLaughlin.Sandy.O'9.Hume
........Power.....Scowen.........
Jones.......Maguire...McGeady
....................Wyke....................

Subs: Matthews, McFadzean, Wright, Winchester,
Gooch, Stewart, O'Brien

LJs team might not be a million miles off but obviously Maguire won't be starting, he probably won't even be in the squad. I think he'll probably play Stewart & Wyke in a 442

McLaughlin should start, for sure. I doubt there'll be any other changes at the back, with players only just coming back to fitness. Leadbitter gets excluded, I think, because of his slower style, but I can see him being picked for Tuesday, to shore things up and sort things out.

I like that but not sure we'll see both Hume & Wright starting, maybe for the next match.
I think you’re right.

It’s the side I’d play when players are fit.

He was talking about Wright playing for the U21’s tomorrow so unless yesterday’s defeat has really spooked him I think it’ll be Blackpool before we see him for the first team.

I thought Power sitting with O'Nien and Scowen pushing on in a middle 3 worked a treat against Doncaster.

Younger looked useful at right back against Rochdale.

If Wright or Flanagan fit they play ahead of Younger and McLaughlin at right back.

Also Denver should start to build on his match fitness.

Burge

Younger
McLaughlin
Sanderson
Hume

Power
O'Nien
Scowen

Jones
McGeady

Wyke

Subs
Matthews
McFadzean
Leadbitter
Winchester
Maguire
O'Brien
Stewart

I'm in two minds about what to do with Hume.

IF we feel we're still in with a realistic chance of automatic put him in and cross our fingers.

I'd hate to rush him back, miss out on automatic, and lose him for the play offs though.

Back