Musclefood

Status
Not open for further replies.

In what way? You are the first person with anything bad to say about them!

I must admit I'm always suspicious when reading their reviews on their site and there are no negative ones at all.
Horrible texture. The last lot made me gip when I tried it. Threw out 10kg

The chicken is cheaper than supermarkets iirc but rubbish. The mince is more expensive.

I occasionally buy protein bread from them but that's about it.

Tesco mate. Find me a supermarket that does chicken breasts cheaper than £5 a kilo.

EDIT: There is the obvious issue of quality here as well. I can confirm that Tesco chicken breasts are pumped full of water, which is the whole reason I started this thread. Musclefood plainly state that nothing at all is added to their chicken, so it can safely be assumed they are of better quality.

I can assure you plenty of water comes out of their chicken breasts when you cook them.

The chicken is cheaper than supermarkets iirc but rubbish. The mince is more expensive.

I occasionally buy protein bread from them but that's about it.

I can assure you plenty of water comes out of their chicken breasts when you cook them.
Thanks mate. So all in all it's not much cheaper than supermarkets and roughly the same quality. Don't think I'll bother with just the chicken.

Thanks mate. So all in all it's not much cheaper than supermarkets and roughly the same quality. Don't think I'll bother with just the chicken.

In many cases its worse quality. If you can get regular offers it may work out cheaper.

I have no reason to use MF now that my protein stocks Dr Zak's protein bread though.

Reactions: mux
Go to Farmfoods for chicken. It's £15 for 5kg or £10 for 3kg. Obviously not amazing quality, but we bake it & enjoy it.

I've never seen chicken cheaper in Tesco/Aldi/Lidl and I am a very frugal shopper.
As for the quality I think it's fine. There is no real reduction in size of the breasts after I cook them. If I cook some later I will stick pictures up of before and after and we can compare.

Noone I know who orders from here has had any major complaints.

@mux maybe it is better to try one order and see what you think, not that it matters to me like.
Although I will get a fiver off an order if you use the link I posted earlier ;)

@oROSSo and @Lewberry pie have used them iirc
I haven't like but it's pretty good value from what I've seen, the quality varies because they obviously get from different places

Something I've noticed though is that once I put raw meat in the freezer I forget about it so I just get chicken from butchers or supermarket for the week. Asda has very good quality imo for a supermarket and price, lidl and aldi are poor, easy way to tell is the protein per 100grams which should be around 30grams.

Last edited:
I buy most of my meat from Musclefood now, and can't say I've ever had a bad experience. The chicken has always been fine, but then I tend to dice it up and have it in curries and the like so maybe lack of quality is less noticeable (or I'm just not that fussy). I've tried a number of the exotic meats and always found them to be spot on; the reindeer burgers, crocodile burgers and horse fillets were particularly enjoyable. I also get a month's worth of sausages and bacon from there, and it certainly seems to work out cheaper than the supermarkets. The bacon is better than the bulk stuff available in Makro.

I've never seen chicken cheaper in Tesco/Aldi/Lidl and I am a very frugal shopper.
As for the quality I think it's fine. There is no real reduction in size of the breasts after I cook them. If I cook some later I will stick pictures up of before and after and we can compare.

Noone I know who orders from here has had any major complaints.

@mux maybe it is better to try one order and see what you think, not that it matters to me like.
Although I will get a fiver off an order if you use the link I posted earlier ;)
Thanks mate - I'll use the link if it gets you a free fiver like :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back