Mr Donald, please move the away fans back to the South Stand

Other than at Portsmouth perhaps, the atmosphere from home supporters in general these days is poorer than 10/20 years ago.
During this time the average age of season ticket holders has increased to around mid40s plus+. And that’s the reason the atmosphere is worse we’ve all gotten older and less inclined to sing .,..
There again me and my two mates are all over 70years of age and sing our hearts out. Old school Fulwell

I would have thought there’s enough space to accommodate given it’s the least populated area , current season tickets may then also benefit from better pricing
Surely if it was a family area they would have to have children with them

If they stay where they are there is the benefit that they can bring as many as they like and it's flexible, even if premier concourse back open for home fans you can still fit 6k of them in no bother. That's good from a financial point of view.

Bring them down and you then end up with some issues. The standard upper provision is 3k I think.

So if you make room for 3k then you clearly limit your ability to have 4k like Luton. So less income
Make provision for more and you end up with big gaps as even in premier League, often only 1k will come.
Thought there was 3100 Luton? Did they not spread further into the corner because they left the first half a dozen rows empty?

There again me and my two mates are all over 70years of age and sing our hearts out. Old school Fulwell

Surely if it was a family area they would have to have children with them

Maybe it would be good to open the family stand pricing to more areas of the ground rather than just one area , a used to love going in the Fulwell with me dad as a kid

Thing we need a head case corner whereby only chanters should be allowed in. The flask bearers and blanket huggers are ruining it for the real fans. Can't understand why they just can't fuck off to a Costa cafe on the motorway.
How are they ruining it for anyone else? They're neither stopping those that want to sing from a) singing and b) attending, so them not being there will not improve the atmosphere and only cut the revenue. If you get rid of them they'll not magically be replaced like for like with youngens that want to sing.

I posted on the thread for RR where we had to ask questions for SD

Move them to North East and part of East stand at least.

Better atmosphere if we can hear each other, plus may get North and rest of East Stand singing, instead of sitting reading their programmes.

Atmosphere............there aint any at present, very poor.

Put them in the west stand lower bowl adjacent to the south west corner. They'll get no exposure on TV so if there's a small allocation it won't be seen. Villa Park is set out in a similar fashion.

Why waste good seats on away fans mate? North stand upper is still a canny area for them. Plus being too close might spur the opposition on more.

Maybe it would be good to open the family stand pricing to more areas of the ground rather than just one area , a used to love going in the Fulwell with me dad as a kid
Do they not already in the concessionary corners?

Do they not already in the concessionary corners?

Think they do in a few areas mate, I agree loyal fans who stuck with it shouldn’t be forced to move , my point is do we need a dedicated family area , we take the bairn in the east stand and think we got his ticket for around £25 (he’s 7) could offer family pricing around the entire lower section (L1 etc) encouraging these seats to fill up more which would improve how it looks when not full

Last edited:
I sat next to away supporters in 15 and 19 pt seasons, it was awful. What if we are still in league 1 next yr? Our crowds will drop and away fans will to. Even less atmosphere than now. Leave away fans out of the way for me and get home fans more involved

When teams like Burton and Accrington come with a few hundred fans, it looks absolutely shit with all the empty seats.
It used to look shit in the Prem, when away teams only brought a few hundred. More often than not, behind one of the goals always seemed to look empty, and made it look like we couldn't fill our ground.

Leave them up, out of the way. Let the ref only hear our fans, and not theirs.

The atmosphere is almost non existent at away games as well.

Maybe the problem isn’t with the away fans being in the Upper..

Think they do in a few areas mate, I agree loyal fans who stuck with it shouldn’t be forced to move , my point is do we need a dedicated family area , we take the bairn in the east stand and think we got his ticket for around £25 (he’s 7) could offer family pricing around the entire lower bowl encouraging these seats to fill up more which would improve how it looks when not full
I think if you offered the seats nearest to the ground (I think there is 16/17rows) at a cheaper rate these would go pretty quick. To be fair I have sat there once about ten rows back and got soaked when it rained, hence cheaper seats. It would look a bit better on the telly as well.

The atmosphere is almost non existent at away games as well.

Maybe the problem isn’t with the away fans being in the Upper..
No it is not, I love the away games for the atmosphere

Last edited by a moderator:

Back