Moyes needs much more time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

My suggestion now is to fuck Moyes off. We're going down with him so we have nothing to lose by taking a gamble on someone else, imo.
You lose the chance to have a steady, accomplished manager rebuild the team and get the club into shape. Rebuilding didn't do Southampton any harm...

As Moyes has said all along, he's trying to build a team for the future by buying players who aren't ready yet but have the potential to be class acts once they've matured.

Unfortunately we can't afford to buy players "for the future". We need them for the here and now. Otherwise we may not have a future.

You sound like your typical Brexit voter.
:lol: politics is totally different from football you plum.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we can't afford to buy players "for the future". We need them for the here and now. Otherwise we may not have a future.

:lol: politics is totally different from football you plum.
Would relegation be the end of the world? With the parachute payments surely Sunderland would be odds on to come straight back up. Might even be nice to win some games rather than trying to scrape survival every year

How's it old shite? Why did he need to spunk 18.5m million in 2Cm's, when we had perfectly good once available for around 5M

It was 12m not 5m, and either way we're supposedly getting him for free in January. It would have been utter madness to pay it.

You're having a total mare mate. "What I do know is we couldn't do any worse"

You obviously haven't followed football all that long have you? :lol:
Having a mare? Yeah mate, 2 points from 8 games is f***ing cracking.

How's it old shite? Why did he need to spunk 18.5m million in 2Cm's, when we had perfectly good once available for around 5M

Also Yedlin? Almost universally considered not good enough for us, and ended up going to a Championship club for 5m. He wasn't the answer.

Would relegation be the end of the world? With the parachute payments surely Sunderland would be odds on to come straight back up. Might even be nice to win some games rather than trying to scrape survival every year
Fuck me mate, if you're not bothered about relegation then why are you even bothered about who is the manager? We may as well appoint Mike basset and say "well who cares about what division we're in, we might win some games. Northern league anyone? We should win a few in that".

Also Yedlin? Almost universally considered not good enough for us, and ended up going to a Championship club for 5m. He wasn't the answer.
But look at the alternative. He's not the answer either. People bleat on about stability but don't apply it to players on the pitch.

Fuck me mate, if you're not bothered about relegation then why are you even bothered about who is the manager? We may as well appoint Mike basset and say "well who cares about what division we're in, we might win some games. Northern league anyone? We should win a few in that".
It's not so much not being bothered, as looking for positives. It may be easier to overhaul things on and off the field.in that scenario. A short term negative for longer term growth

Having a mare? Yeah mate, 2 points from 8 games is f***ing cracking.
Only pointing the finger in the manager's direction is naive and short-sighted. Allardyce isn't coming back and saying "anyone is better than this" is just plain stupid.

But look at the alternative. He's not the answer either. People bleat on about stability but don't apply it to players on the pitch.

I wouldn't say the alternative looks any worse than Yedlin, and cost us nothing instead of £5m. I just can't believe people still bleat on about us not signing Yedlin, not signing M'Vila for millions of pounds when we're meant to be getting him for free in a matter of months, letting Kaboul go rather than forcing him to stay against his will...

It's boring shite that's been repeated over and over and over by certain people on this board who seem incapable of grasping the reasons behind each of the decisions, and in Yedlin's case in particular some folk are so desperate to put last year's first team back together that they're blindly ignoring the fact that he wasn't actually very good.

I'm not just pointing the finger in his direction, but he has to take a lot of the blame.
Of course he does. But changing the manager every season has got us absolutely nowhere. Swapping them every season might have kept us up, we might have stayed up anyway, but it doesn't take a lot of common sense to know that you can't build something overnight. Alex Ferguson says in his autobiography that it takes 2-4 years to build a team. I'm not saying we should totally neglect the short term but Moyes has a track record of building a club from the bottom up when given time.

Alex Ferguson says in his autobiography that it takes 2-4 years to build a team. I'm not saying we should totally neglect the short term but Moyes has a track record of building a club from the bottom up when given time.
Building a team? What does that mean? It's no good if you get relegated in the meantime.

Never ever seen one link which said 12M. Moyes' signings have been f***ing shite

Hmm, from Googling it I can't find it either, though I'm sure I read it at the time.

Maybe it was €12m, which at the time was probably about £8.5m and would explain this Daily Fail article on 1st September...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nt-Sunderland-chose-not-sign-Yann-M-Vila.html

Either way, and even if it turned out to be £5m, it's still too much for a player we could have for free in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back