Moyes needs much more time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why should we blindly sack him. Moyes was my choice, the first managerial appointment I have ever been excited about and felt he fitted us perfectly but ill admit it has been an absolute car crash thus far and he certainly hasn't helped himself.

But where does it end? The squad isn't very good and can only be changed through time, would it not be prudent to keep the same manager, one with fine pedigree 4 years to change it top to bottom?

Should we sack him now, after 8 games, no one decent will touch us and rightly so. Well get someone shit and have to change again 6 months down the line. He's got it wrong short term but still at this point I don't think there is anyone better for long term.
This^ is me also....

We're going to have to take our medicine at some point. Stinking out the league for years. The question is how many managers we'll still have on the payroll when the inevitable happens.

That's not a defence of Moyes by the way. However, as with all sackings, we have to consider what happens afterwards.
I hate that phrase stinking the league out. We have earned the right to be in this league and in fact in the last 10 seasons of being in this league all bar one we have been safe before the last game.

Reactions: BNM
He's been f***ing abysmal, my hope has ebbed away to nowt (as it has with the players just looking at them tbh). I cant see much of a way back for Moyes unless we start winning games and the chances of that happening are looking slim. We're in deep trouble, we really are ! :cry:.

Any examples of there being such a big demand for sacking a manager from Newcastle fans after seven games to the extent there is for Moyes?

After 8 games last season after the battering by Manchester City your fans were gunning for McClaren's head. He had drew 2 and lost 6, the very same as Moyes.

You got beat by us 2 games later and that was that really.

That's a no then.

I'll let you in on a secret, there hasn't been.
So are you telling me you lot haven't hounded managers out? Short memories sunshine, or selective. Wasn't that long ago your lot were protesting about Pardew/Carver/McLaren/Ashley replace and delete with other names as and when required. That's without mentioning spitting on 'wor Bobby' .

Its simple
if the players wont perform for him, he has to go.
like it or not .
Players playing when they fancy and at less than 100% commitment is our biggest problem not the manager, I get that the manager must try better to give them confidence but they have also got to grow a spine and take some responsibility, I still think the time to judge Moyes is when he's had a few games with most of our first choice players available, we are a patched up rabble atm.

That's my fear.

The more we do it, the more no decent managers will ever want to come..

Abusive...??? fuck off and go report me for something man, broken brains...! #grass

Pass

I don't care enough

So are you telling me you lot haven't hounded managers out? Short memories sunshine, or selective. Wasn't that long ago your lot were protesting about Pardew/Carver/McLaren/Ashley replace and delete with other names as and when required. That's without mentioning spitting on 'wor Bobby' .

I said after seven games, you've wilfully ignored my main point.

He fucked the job up before it even began.

Sam handed him a dossier and even spoke with him before taking on the job.

All he had to do was listen and carry forward the plan on the small foundations Sam had put in place. Stay up, finish mid-table THEN build.

Any source for that?

Not saying you're bullshitting or owt, just never heard that before. Sounds not too dissimilar to when he got rid of Ferguson's backroom team when he arrived at Man United despite being advised to keep them around.

I don't think we should.

If we could see signs of improvement then fair enough. We've seen nothing to suggest he's the right man for the job. I just don't think he can hack it here, the job is simply far too big/difficult for him. He hasn't got the nous, determination or character to be able to manage this club.

He got just under a year at Old Trafford and exactly a year in Spain. I think after a year here we will have a good idea.
Any manager after Fergie was on a hiding to nothing. LVG one of the most experienced managers about who has managed big big clubs, and who spent a load had a worse record than Moyes. We can't keep changing managers (Not meaning you, just talking in general on here) People on here have become like the trigger happy chairmen. They can argue that it has worked the last few seasons, just, but we will never ever build anything doing it like that.

His signings are still to be judged, but it hasn't helped with the injury list. I just hope this injury list isn't because we are struggling, as it seems players have a habit of picking up 'injuries' when a team is doing shite. Flying at the top, and players play through the pain barrier to be involved

I don't think we should.

If we could see sings of improvement then fair enough. We've seen nothing to suggest he's the right man for the job. I just don't think he can hack it here, the job is simply far too big/difficult for him. He hasn't got the nous, determination or character to be able to manage this club.
Was game over the minute he made his relegation comment. He took over a side full of confidence and togetherness and he's fucked it in record time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back