Moyes: My players aren't even doing the basics right

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said decent enough, we could've easily had a few more points but for poor finishing and lapses in concentration late in games.
Just recently we are seeing a lack of any quality at all to win football matches, makes a huge difference but there are many teams in the same predicament with almost full squads to choose from.

That has to give some hope.

What about the undeserved win at Bournenmouth.Take those 3 points away and look what our situation would be at the bottom.

I said decent enough, we could've easily had a few more points but for poor finishing and lapses in concentration late in games.
Just recently we are seeing a lack of any quality at all to win football matches, makes a huge difference but there are many teams in the same predicament with almost full squads to choose from.

That has to give some hope.
Has he lost the dressing room ? It does seem a few just can't be arsed.

We had quite a number of injuries from the off or is that something else to be forgotten..?
6 wins and 4 draws in 27 games is something people are over looking mate. In that 10 game run Arsenal and Everton gave us a good hammering. Spurs should have hammered us. We had Boro, WBA and Palace at home and got 1 point. Even during the 15pt season and under Advocaat we had games that we played well in and lost. That little run could possibly just of been a purple patch.

If Moyes can't do anything about it why is he still here? If he was going to change things he would have done it by now. The real question isn't 'why' is he saying this it is 'why now' when all this has been apparent all season, imo it is because he is worried he is soon to be sacked and is trying to make excuses, same as Bruce and Poyet.

Bloody HELL
SAM SAID EXACTLY THE SAME LAST SEASON, ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS.

NOWT TO SEE HERE
Completely different circumstances though, Big Sam inherited a failing squad, he identified its failings to set about fixing them. Moyes inherited a OK side and has had more than enough time to put his mark on the team, while the blame should be shared between him and the players he is trying to shift his fair share onto them and I don't see anyway this doesn't make things worse.

If Moyes can't do anything about it why is he still here? If he was going to change things he would have done it by now. The real question isn't 'why' is he saying this it is 'why now' when all this has been apparent all season, imo it is because he is worried he is soon to be sacked and is trying to make excuses, same as Bruce and Poyet.

Completely different circumstances though, Big Sam inherited a failing squad, he identified its failings to set about fixing them. Moyes inherited a OK side and has had more than enough time to put his mark on the team, while the blame should be shared between him and the players he is trying to shift his fair share onto them and I don't see anyway this doesn't make things worse.
Took Sam a long time to identify them, and I'm not sure he did. Moyes took over a shambles, and has never had a settled side for more than two weeks at best.
What some people expect is laughable, No one has had injuries like us. But it makes no difference does it? The Manager should be able to use his motivational skills to motivate anyone, even me, which supposedly Moyes lacks anyway.
There is no way on earth even Mourinho or Fergie could do anything with this squad, anyone who thinks differently is deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back