Moyes: My players aren't even doing the basics right

Status
Not open for further replies.

We spent around £15m last January. We will spend roughly the same this window.

Yes but the manager who signed those players had a very good record in the transfer market. I would not give Moyes anothet 15p let alone 15m after the dross he signed in August

So the players have chucked the towel in, and the manager has decided to say whatever he likes about his own team in the media, only at sunderland can this get worse:mad:

Why are they not doing the basics right though?

Surely things such as body position and team shape are drilled into them like a Tony Pulis side would be. The amount of crosses we are conceding is unacceptable.

Also doesn't help when Mannone is parrying 30 yard shots around the post when he could catch them, instead giving the opposition a corner to score from (like Saturday)

The fact that Honeyman despite offering little is 'doing as much as anyone' is very worrying. Is that the level that we are setting?

I know there's only so much the manager can do once the players are on the pitch, but saying the players aren't doing the basics right fires the spotlight back on himself - people will ask why can't he get his men organised?
Like you said, a Tony Pulis or even a Sean Dyche team can do the basics right (whilst generally not being the most talented sides around).

No agenda my friend . Trying hard to like the bloke but he's awful . Can't remember these games we played well tho .

I said decent enough, we could've easily had a few more points but for poor finishing and lapses in concentration late in games.
Just recently we are seeing a lack of any quality at all to win football matches, makes a huge difference but there are many teams in the same predicament with almost full squads to choose from.

That has to give some hope.

Reactions: TAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back