Moving Pictures-Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone a fan ? all previous albums were great, this may have been the peak i reckon ,mainly only good after, brilliant three piece band .

Absolutely a massive fan and so lucky to have seen them live a few times.
Arguably their best album of all time some would say, a definite 5 out of 5.
Signals of the same proportion in my opinion.
Power Windows currently playing in the car, another one touching the 5.
Late 70’s with their 2112 they were such a hard rock band but they kept on experimenting getting it right time and time again.
Farewell to the Kings they had changed, poetry in music with pure power.
Early 80’s they were launching an album almost one a year and never letting their high standards slip. Moving Pictures being one of the best.

For a band to stick together with lyrics from heaven and the accolade from fellow musicians that they were the very best live Rock Band the legend continued right through to R40 until sadly Neil Peart walked Jacobs Ladder to heaven.

The very best without doubt, pure talent and their music a gift that defines my DNA of life with so many songs that hit the memories some good and some very sad moments.
Rush just thank you.
there's a concert by them now on sky arts. i prefer permanent waves from that era of rush.

Another class album.

Absolutely a massive fan and so lucky to have seen them live a few times.
Arguably their best album of all time some would say, a definite 5 out of 5.
Signals of the same proportion in my opinion.
Power Windows currently playing in the car, another one touching the 5.
Late 70’s with their 2112 they were such a hard rock band but they kept on experimenting getting it right time and time again.
Farewell to the Kings they had changed, poetry in music with pure power.
Early 80’s they were launching an album almost one a year and never letting their high standards slip. Moving Pictures being one of the best.

For a band to stick together with lyrics from heaven and the accolade from fellow musicians that they were the very best live Rock Band the legend continued right through to R40 until sadly Neil Peart walked Jacobs Ladder to heaven.

The very best without doubt, pure talent and their music a gift that defines my DNA of life with so many songs that hit the memories some good and some very sad moments.
Rush just thank you.

Another class album.
i only ever saw them once on the signals tour and wasn't too fussed on anything after that tbh. their early stuff is immense though.

Love Rush. Lucky enough to see them 5 or 6 times. Maybe unusually, I like their early stuff (pre-Permanent Waves) least. Last album, Clockwork Angels, is one of their best imho. But Moving Pictures is up there as well.

Absolutely brilliant band that period from 1976 -1988 (covering 2112 to Hold Your Fire) they were untouchable and the albums either side of those years are great to. I feel they lost it a little with Test For Echo, Counterparts and Vapor Trails (although each had their moments) but they hit top form again with Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels.
They did everything their way, stuck to their guns and retained their integrity in a business where bands would sell their mother and kids to get a fraction of what they had.

Absolutely brilliant band that period from 1976 -1988 (covering 2112 to Hold Your Fire) they were untouchable and the albums either side of those years are great to. I feel they lost it a little with Test For Echo, Counterparts and Vapor Trails (although each had their moments) but they hit top form again with Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels.
They did everything their way, stuck to their guns and retained their integrity in a business where bands would sell their mother and kids to get a fraction of what they had.

Cracking post and agree with everything you posted.
Hold Your Fire was I agree the last complete album, however still producing individual tracks of pure brilliance. Their music will never leave me that’s for sure and to think you met them in person quite incredible.
Always smile a Canadian in our Village has called his son Sawyer :)

Hold Your Fire, Grace Under Pressure, Roll The Bones, Moving Pictures, Power Windows. All immense albums.

I really enjoyed the documentary on Netflix , as well as being amazingly talented , what came across is the affection they held for each other and how they bantered on referring to Peart as the newcomer after all those years . Also loved the bit where the waitress wanted Geddy’s autograph, but declined Alex’s , which cracked the 2 of them up. In regard to the original post , it’s Moving Pictures for me closely followed by Farewell to Kings

The opposite for me. Test For Echo, Counterparts and Roll the bones.

Lucky to have seen them live a few times.

As a band they managed more than many to refresh what they were doing to the extent they kept you interested. Not many people have managed that across a career spanning so many decades.

No i have not but will definitely look it out.
The popular music press hated Rush and i think they suffered as a result of the whole Fountainhead - Ayn Rand thing. They were castigated as right wingers and in music that is a death knell.

Anyone with half a brain should have known this was not the case. Neil was a very well read guy who used all sorts of influences to produce his lyrics. Geddy is Jewish and Alex is a pole!

They never courted the media but certainly were never courted by the media.

2112 and Hemispheres for me... saw them yonks ago at Wembley Arena too... wonderful concert, tremendous musicians and such a huge sound for a 3-piece!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back