Moving Pictures-Rush

3 typically rather boring Canadians. (Their words)

Moving Pictures was finally letting go of all that sword and sorcery stuff and actually writing songs about real life, continuing to make shorter and sharper songs rather than 20min space rock/operas.

I decided that I like rather boring Canadians. They are more interesting than the normal full of booze and drugs types that you find in the industry.

Prog rock with a punky attitude. Gotta love that.

I saw them on the Hold your Fire tour at Wembley Arena, what a band, absolutely unbelievable.
That`s the first tour I saw them on when I saw them at Birmingham NEC. I think they recorded that show for A Show Of Hands so I may well be on a RUSH album myself :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol:.
I was gutted when I missed the Signals tour. My Dad wouldn`t let me go as it was bang in the middle of my O-levels. had to wait another 5 years to finally get to see them live.

That`s the first tour I saw them on when I saw them at Birmingham NEC. I think they recorded that show for A Show Of Hands so I may well be on a RUSH album myself :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol:.
I was gutted when I missed the Signals tour. My Dad wouldn`t let me go as it was bang in the middle of my O-levels. had to wait another 5 years to finally get to see them live.
I was at NEC for 2 of those Hold Your Fire tour nights & I must be a year older than you as I was in 1st year of sixth form when I went to Signals gig (still got the t-shirt & signed programme).As for the o/p, I prefer Permanent Waves & The Camera Eye is too long & repetitive.

Absolutely a massive fan and so lucky to have seen them live a few times.
Arguably their best album of all time some would say, a definite 5 out of 5.
Signals of the same proportion in my opinion.
Power Windows currently playing in the car, another one touching the 5.
Late 70’s with their 2112 they were such a hard rock band but they kept on experimenting getting it right time and time again.
Farewell to the Kings they had changed, poetry in music with pure power.
Early 80’s they were launching an album almost one a year and never letting their high standards slip. Moving Pictures being one of the best.

For a band to stick together with lyrics from heaven and the accolade from fellow musicians that they were the very best live Rock Band the legend continued right through to R40 until sadly Neil Peart walked Jacobs Ladder to heaven.

The very best without doubt, pure talent and their music a gift that defines my DNA of life with so many songs that hit the memories some good and some very sad moments.
Rush just thank you.

Another class album.

Thanks for the post, love my music and Zeppelin in particular and Rush have kind of passed my by but have always intended to give them a serious listen. Which album should I start with?

Thanks for the post, love my music and Zeppelin in particular and Rush have kind of passed my by but have always intended to give them a serious listen. Which album should I start with?

The first album's actually very Zeppy. Nowt like any of the rest of their stuff that came later, but interesting nonetheless. :D

Probably not the best starting point to get to know them as a band though.

Grace Under Pressure was the album that got me into Rush. Try starting there maybe?

Saw them live them on the Exit Stage Left tour in Edinburgh 1981.....Moving Pictures was the studio album released about 6 months before “Exit...” ....I have the VHS of that tour too..... Rush at their peak
Great band

Go through time and the changes.
2112 will hit home as the real Rock.
Early 80’s Signals, Moving Pictures, Grace under Pressure, Power Windows are all superb and a band way above their time.

The first album's actually very Zeppy. Nowt like any of the rest of their stuff that came later, but interesting nonetheless. :D

Probably not the best starting point to get to know them as a band though.

Grace Under Pressure was the album that got me into Rush. Try starting there maybe?

I've started at Grace Under Pressure, loving it!
Go through time and the changes.
2112 will hit home as the real Rock.
Early 80’s Signals, Moving Pictures, Grace under Pressure, Power Windows are all superb and a band way above their time.

Cheers mate

My fav band ever. Became really obsessed with them TBH. Great gigs in 78/79 at Newcastle. Managed to meet the band there and got invited inside City Hall for a sound check. I’ve seen them 23 times in total including gigs in USA, Canada and Holland. MP was the last album that I truly loved the first time I heard it. After that, it took me a while to really appreciate their output - especially the synth-heavy albums but there isn’t one album now that I don’t like and usually hear something that I’ve not heard before every time I play their stuff. Clockwork Angels was just great - a return to form and a fab swansong. Great to see that Geddy and Alex look ready to think about new music together. Certainly won’t be Rush though.

Back