Moving a Banksy

Just seen on the news that the Banksy of the kid with the snow/ash landing on his tongue in Port Talbot has been sold and it’s going to be moved.

Anyone else think this is an absolute shame that first of all, people can’t be trusted not to vandalise it, and secondly, a skint, soulless place like that is going to lose the piece, first into the centre of town (for two years) and then potentially for ever.

Just seen on the news that the Banksy of the kid with the snow/ash landing on his tongue in Port Talbot has been sold and it’s going to be moved.

Anyone else think this is an absolute shame that first of all, people can’t be trusted not to vandalise it, and secondly, a skint, soulless place like that is going to lose the piece, first into the centre of town (for two years) and then potentially for ever.
and thirdly it's shite.

The whole situation is farcical.

This. Banksy clearly has stated what he does is illegal. He's taking the piss out of the very culture and society that idolises his criticism of it. Look at the self shredding picture.

So yes people can do with them what they like. The whole point is that the value of art is only that which society places upon it. As such its hypocritical to try and impose rules and structure on this.

I suppose that's part of the whole banksy debate.
As for them selling it I suppose since it's been placed on someone's properly it can be bought or sold as they wish
I'm a fan. Got a couple up in my kitchen. They should just be left one in my opinion.

I'm a fan. Got a couple up in my kitchen. They should just be left one in my opinion.
I suppose in a perfect world they would be, but stuck on the end of a garage, either means the owner has to pay security, it gets vandalised or some rocket scientist try's and nicks a few bricks of it.
No doubt the fella thought he'd won the lotto getting a banksy on the wall and is cashing in, don't really blame him I'm sure we all would when it came tothe crunch

I suppose in a perfect world they would be, but stuck on the end of a garage, either means the owner has to pay security, it gets vandalised or some rocket scientist try's and nicks a few bricks of it.
No doubt the fella thought he'd won the lotto getting a banksy on the wall and is cashing in, don't really blame him I'm sure we all would when it came tothe crunch
Aye, I'd do the same. Its a gift from Banksy Claus.

The artwork has been sold for a six figure sum. Who sold it? Did Banksy buy and own the garage that the artwork was sprayed onto? If not then presumably the garage owner whoever they may be is/was the owner of the art. What's the crack?

Thought the bloke who bought it said it’s being moved to somewhere else in the town and said he’ll keep it there for a couple of years to help the town out, benefitting from people coming to see it

Thought the bloke who bought it said it’s being moved to somewhere else in the town and said he’ll keep it there for a couple of years to help the town out, benefitting from people coming to see it
And the same fella owns other Banksy art, some of which will be displayed alongside the child with ash/snow piece. The economy of the utter shithole that is Port Talbot has already had a boost and this will continue.

Back