Moving a Banksy

Just seen on the news that the Banksy of the kid with the snow/ash landing on his tongue in Port Talbot has been sold and it’s going to be moved.

Anyone else think this is an absolute shame that first of all, people can’t be trusted not to vandalise it, and secondly, a skint, soulless place like that is going to lose the piece, first into the centre of town (for two years) and then potentially for ever.

Isn't it being moved to the centre of Port Talbot town (with CCTV etc) and a rich bloke is donating a few other pieces to make it a 'tourist attraction' or did I hear the news wrongly. Either way this vandalising knacker needs naming and shaming :)

A few of us at work were thinking of chipping in and getting some of Rob’s stuff in case it was him. But then we decided that if the art community knew who Banksy was, yet Rob’s stuff was still affordable, then Rob probably wasn’t Banksy.

It's totally him. :)

Banksy is a brand. The mystery and themes he covers as that brand bring higher bids than his works he's done under his real name ever would.

It is a group helping him pull it off, but it's one guy directing them. Generally thought to be Rob Del Naja.
I reckon he is part of them too mate but out of all them robin gunninghams personal work is identical to banksys.
Also lived in the areas where his work is prominent. All great artists signed work that was not theirs to be fair.

I reckon he is part of them too mate but out of all them robin gunninghams personal work is identical to banksys.
Also lived in the areas where his work is prominent. All great artists signed work that was not theirs to be fair.

I thought the Gunningham link had been debunked? Could be wrong. I haven't seen any of his work myself.

If you have a rendered gable end, do a Banksy type work of art on it.
Must be pretty easy to do and see if someone will buy it.

Banksy has a company in London that verifies his work. Fakes are instantly debunked.

I thought the Gunningham link had been debunked? Could be wrong. I haven't seen any of his work myself.

Banksy has a company in London that verifies his work. Fakes are instantly debunked.
Aye some of gunninghams originals came to light a few year back and had some identical features in. Mind I only read the article last year. I also read recently that goldie meant say robin instead of Robert in that infamous interview but felt crap as he was ranting about the art world at the time. Tbf either way it’s a crock of shite. ‘Banksy’ makes a lot of money from art/books/calendars/dvd sales. Constantly biting the hand that feeds him/her/them.

Just seen on the news that the Banksy of the kid with the snow/ash landing on his tongue in Port Talbot has been sold and it’s going to be moved.

Anyone else think this is an absolute shame that first of all, people can’t be trusted not to vandalise it, and secondly, a skint, soulless place like that is going to lose the piece, first into the centre of town (for two years) and then potentially for ever.

Maybe its Banksy's way of giving a hard up community a hand out from some rich twat who otherwise would not bother?

What a world we live in. Stencilled spray painted 'art' causing such madness. Appreciate Banksy himself will be laughing his cock off about it mind.

Back