Movie locations you've visited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxford Blues.

When my brother was there doing rowing his D.Phil, I visited his captain's rooms that were used as Rob Lowe's rooms in the film. He took care to point out the four inches they'd cut off the hundred years old door so that they could fit a false floor to hide Rob Lowe's lack of height went talking to the other members of his rowing crew who were actual rowers.

Was out on my bike in the summer. Went down some track and straight through Veras set.
As i peddled right past her, i was thinking "I recognise you"

Not a movie though, i know...,

The cottage in ''withnail and I" real trek over rough lake District hills. Hawswater was the nearest hamlet to it, the cottage was not in good condition but had a look around inside, fans had left books etc. Sat on the doorstep and had a real ale before the trek back.

Alnwick Castle......Harry Potter, Transformers dark of the sun, the Spaceman and King Arthur, Robin Hood prince of thieves, The Black Adder, Dracula (mid 70s), Mary Queen of Scots, Elizabeth.

Probably loads more.

Ashford Castle, County Mayo and Galway Rural Spots - The Quiet Man

Powerscourt Estate, County Wicklow - The Count Of Monte Cristo (2002 version)

Yonge Street, Toronto - The Incredible Hulk (the scene where Hulk & Abomination kick the crap out of each other)
Niagra Falls - Superman II and quite a few other films too.

Langley Park, Durham - The World Cup: A Captain’s Tale (actually lived there while they filming and producers came to my school to audition school kids)

Dublin - Sing Street, Educating Rita, My Left Foot.

Edinburgh - Grey Friars Bobby, Burke & Hare, Sunshine In Leith

Carnegie Deli in NY from Broadway Danny Rose. Huge bloody portions.
The restaurant used in You've Got Mail. Great cherry pie. Not a great film.
The diner from When Harry Met Sally.

Oh and Gateshead Car Park - Get Carter. Thought I better chuck that in as at least it doesn't involve food. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back